Nancy Reagan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2016, 09:50 PM
RE: Nancy Reagan
Apparently, Obama isn't going to Nancy Reagan's funeral, and Michelle is going instead. Conservatives are in an uproar about it. Of course, it seems that there isn't really much of a precedence for sitting presidents doing so, but that won't stop them from complaining about how disrespectful it is.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
08-03-2016, 09:52 PM
(08-03-2016 09:50 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Apparently, Obama isn't going to Nancy Reagan's funeral, and Michelle is going instead. Conservatives are in an uproar about it. Of course, it seems that there isn't really much of a precedence for sitting presidents doing so, but that won't stop them from complaining about how disrespectful it is.

How rude of him. What would the leader of a superpower be doing that was more important anyway?!
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-03-2016, 10:30 PM
(07-03-2016 05:33 AM)julep Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 08:12 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Sorry to say this but I couldn't stand that woman. After the assassination attempt on Ronnie she was approached by a woman who was an astrologer who claimed she could have averted his near death if she had followed astrology advice. Thereafter Nancy actively tried to manipulate his schedule around astrology. Facepalm

And then I got real tired of her fawning and gazing over every fuckin breath he took. Jesus christ, woman. Just say no!

Absolutely agree. I was listening to an interview with Colin Powell on NPR and reading between the lines she was both quite the bitch to White House staff--inexcusable, IMO, to be nasty to people who will lose their jobs if they protest how you treat them. She was nasty in general to just about everybody, allowing Ronnie to be "the nice one." Evidently he was so childish and dependent that if she left the White House for a couple of days for a shopping trip, she had to be retrieved because Reagan would deteriorate so much.

This is a really good article about Nancy Reagan's Just Say Know fiasco.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tony-newma...00628.html

After reading about several previous First Ladies, Nancy Reagan was a total twit. I felt sorry for Pat Nixon, Lady Bird Johnson was a pretty together person, Rosalyn Carter was ok, Jackie Kennedy was quite intelligent but Nancy Reagan, she was a bitch.

Funny, but I'm often more interested in the spouses of famous movers and shakers than the mover and shaker themselves.

Donald Trumps wife....what the fuckin hell is going on in her brain?

Oh, that's right.....

[Image: 2579850.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-03-2016, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 11:48 PM by Vosur.)
(08-03-2016 09:52 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  How rude of him. What would the leader of a superpower be doing that was more important anyway?!
Yeah, if only there was precedent for Obama doing things instead of governing the country... like excessively playing golf. Consider

Make no mistake, this is even more disrespectful than his refusal to attend the funeral of the late Supreme Court Justice Scalia.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
09-03-2016, 03:55 AM
I just say "no" to Nancy Reagan.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-03-2016, 05:51 AM
What is it with Americans and "first ladies", anyways? I don't see that same fawning attitude in other countries towards the spouse of the leader in power. Mostly, these people are just invisible (for better or worse, I guess).

I don't see why they have such power to fascinate. Smacks of imperialism, if you ask me.
Nancy Reagan always struck me as the ultimate Stepford wife.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
09-03-2016, 06:06 AM
(08-03-2016 11:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 09:52 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  How rude of him. What would the leader of a superpower be doing that was more important anyway?!
Yeah, if only there was precedent for Obama doing things instead of governing the country... like excessively playing golf. Consider

Make no mistake, this is even more disrespectful than his refusal to attend the funeral of the late Supreme Court Justice Scalia.

... Why is it disrespectful? She's a private individual. He doesn't know her personally.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
09-03-2016, 06:25 AM
She is a typical woman of her time is all. Only difference is that people actually listened to what she had to say. And she had lots of expensive clothes.

She was a typical "good wife" .

And, regardless of who she was, watching your husband of many, many years slowly disappear into oblivion while taking physical care of him must be one of the hardest things anyone will ever do. Every day starts and ends with heart break, and the time in between is filled with pain.

She deserves a medal for that. You don't know how hard it is to be care taker of someone you love until it happens to you. That woman has been to hell and back.

As have all the others who have gone through this. Just because she was first lady for 8 years doesn't mean her life was all fun and games. There was a lot of pain.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
09-03-2016, 07:36 AM
(08-03-2016 11:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Yeah, if only there was precedent for Obama doing things instead of governing the country... like excessively playing golf. Consider

How is it more disrespectful? You just admitted that there is no precedent for sitting presidents attending funerals of former first ladies. Was Nancy Reagan somehow better than all the other first ladies? The only people I know who hold this view tend to hold it because they really liked her husband.
09-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Not a big deal for Obama to skip the funeral of a former first lady. President Clinton did not attend Pat Nixon’s funeral in 1993. President Bush did not attend Lady Bird Johnson’s funeral in 2007. Obama also did not attend Betty Ford’s funeral in 2011. Jimmy Carter did not attend Mamie Eisenhower’s funeral in 1979. Franklin D. Roosevelt did not attend Lou Henry Hoover’s funeral in 1944. And Lastly, Ronald Reagan didn't attend the funeral of Harry Truman's wife.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post