Nancy Reagan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2016, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 01:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Nancy Reagan
(09-03-2016 01:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 12:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Tell me which ones I put in your mouth. The only way this could possibly imply that you didn't think Obama was being disrespectful is that, as julep pointed out, you think that neither was disrespectful. Or are you implying that only Obama is disrespectful for not doing something which many contemporary sitting Presidents also elected not to do?

See that? Not a single word about any other president being disrespectful. You pulled that out of your butt, with all due respect. Tongue

So I can only infer that you feel that Obama was disrespectful for not doing what many other contemporary sitting Presidents also elected not to do but they were not being disrespectful. With all due respect, we have a term for that.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-03-2016, 01:51 PM
(08-03-2016 11:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Make no mistake, this is even more disrespectful than his refusal to attend the funeral of the late Supreme Court Justice Scalia.

He said nice things about Scalia ... post mortem. But attending the funerals of fools like Scalia, whose entire careers are built on trying to make civilization go backwards, seems to me to be "above and beyond".

All of Washington was worshiping at Scaila's feet anyway. He got FAR MORE than he deserved. All the Supremes were there.

The very idea his conservatism was based on, referencing the Federalist Papers from the 18th Century, was utterly stupid, in principle. He was SO uninformed, he didn't even recognize the scientific advances (just like most religionists) in Human Sexuality.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/0...g-backward

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-03-2016, 02:25 PM
I read that Nancy Reagan's funeral was planned a long time ago. It's by invitation only and Obama technically wasn't invited.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-03-2016, 02:46 PM
(09-03-2016 02:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I read that Nancy Reagan's funeral was planned a long time ago. It's by invitation only and Obama technically wasn't invited.

Laugh out load A preplanned invitation only funeral. Why do I find that funny.Rolleyes Does one get an RSVP card with a BYOB subheading weeks ahead of time? Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Funerals are what vice-presidents go to.

After all, John Adams said:

Quote: "...the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived."

Which is somewhat more polite than John Nance Garner's description:

Quote:"The vice-presidency isn't worth a pitcher of warm piss."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
09-03-2016, 06:18 PM
(09-03-2016 05:00 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Funerals are what vice-presidents go to.

After all, John Adams said:

Quote: "...the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived."

Which is somewhat more polite than John Nance Garner's description:

Quote:"The vice-presidency isn't worth a pitcher of warm piss."

In the case of John Adams' comment, that was when it was as originally designed to literally be the runner up prize given to the loser of a presidential race. That's why they formulated the 12th amendment to stop adjust that policy.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-03-2016, 07:02 PM
(09-03-2016 12:36 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Can you give an example of them blasting Obama for holding a position they agree with?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-03-2016, 07:09 PM
(09-03-2016 02:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 02:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I read that Nancy Reagan's funeral was planned a long time ago. It's by invitation only and Obama technically wasn't invited.

Laugh out load A preplanned invitation only funeral. Why do I find that funny.Rolleyes Does one get an RSVP card with a BYOB subheading weeks ahead of time? Tongue

No, years ahead of time.
09-03-2016, 07:12 PM

I'm told she had preplanned instructions for florists to withhold all bouquets and credit her accounts.