Narrative Networks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Narrative Networks
OK, folks, Here's one that could be of some interest to a company, a country, a religion, a political system or two. I so trust my great USA with ideas like this. There couldn't be anything but altruistic intent considering the pure and righteous hearts of it's leaders. I do need protection from my inquisitive mind and all the information lurking out there that could get me. I am vulnerable to "wrong" thoughts.

Narrative Networks

Dear God in heaven, Please save me from my bad, bad mind.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2011, 03:27 PM
RE: Narrative Networks
If i know anything about taxpayer funded projects in a capitalist system, you need not worry. They'll waste enormous amounts of time and manpower on the acquisition of office furnishings, brainstorming sessions in cushy hotel rooms, multi-coloured charts of team assignments and much, much other BS. When the first 17 months have passed with no actual decisions made, they'll hire yet another manager and extend the deadline. Being a "defense" project, there will be no budget constraints or administrative oversight, so they can fudge as much as they want without ever showing a result.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
22-10-2011, 04:05 PM
But, just think of the ramifications of being able to institute "correct" propaganda through subtle scientific means... no more dropping leaflets, no more subliminal Coca-cola ads during the super bowl, no more loud speakers across enemy lines, no more Fox news... the possibilities!

I agree with you though. I think results are highly overrated and totally unnecessary for progress as we know it... Think economic stimulus, man. Fudge is as fudge does...

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
22-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Advertising, mass entertainment and "news"media have done a far better job already than these guys ever could. Watch Jeopardy some evening and compare the subject matter (never mind standard!) of questions to 20 years ago. Read any discussion forum to see how the subliminal messages of certain factions and interest groups have become almost a physiological part of how many brains - and not only in North America. Count the big ugly bunches of yellow ribbon on the porch posts and lampposts of rural Canada and compare it to the number of people who actually know what that song was about...
That propaganda boat done sailed!

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.