Nashville Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Nashville Shooting
http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/cri.../31171021/

I'm betting this guy got the idea from the Louisiana shooting. Win for American mental healthcare and American news! Dodgy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Nashville Shooting
The great news is no one died, but the dipshit attacker. THIS is the reason I have to carry concealed when I go to the movies with my wife, just in case some fucking nutcase decides today is the day he wants to die, and he is going to take as many with him as possible, well fucker, I am happy to oblige you.

Shit just pisses me off so bad. Your life sucks, then end it, leave us alone.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 8 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Quote:THIS is the reason I have to carry concealed when I go to the movies with my wife

Sorry but that just sounds like two guys spraying bullets around a darkened theater.

What do you suppose the cops will do when they arrive and see TWO shooters?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
05-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Damn. There needs to be better mental health care in this country and less stigma associated with seeking help.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-08-2015, 03:37 PM
(05-08-2015 03:22 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:THIS is the reason I have to carry concealed when I go to the movies with my wife

Sorry but that just sounds like two guys spraying bullets around a darkened theater.

What do you suppose the cops will do when they arrive and see TWO shooters?

That is always my worry, and a lot of off duty cops die that way actually. Responding officers only know what they see, and sometimes the wrong shooter gets put down. I am not looking to get into a political based gun debate. I am highly trained and skilled with a gun, was a military competitive shooter for years, and finished as "top gun" at the police academy as well as always graduating all of my military gun related schools at the top spot. So I am confident in my ability and discipline to not just go spraying rounds blindly in a dark theater in the general direction of an active shooter. There is little positive to be derived from this type of situation. But I know one thing, I won't be the unarmed guy cowering behind my seat waiting for my turn to be killed.

I couldnt imagine the rage I would feel if some other armed citizen tries to engage a crazy active shooter and hit and killed my wife in the ensuing exchange....as I said, there is very little about these situations that is going to turn out well. So I am not the typical pro-gun nut who thinks walking around strapped and cocked ready for action is the answer, BUT, the sad thing is I have to decide does my wife and I go to the movie or just stay home? or, if we go, do I carry just in case some fucking nutjob decides this is his day to go out in style? If so, and if we go, I will carry every time, because my wife is my life, and I will die to defend her....preferably he will die as I defend her, and no one else.

Done, not getting drawn into a debate on this, there is no correct answer. The first responders will usually always be too late to save lives, thus the first responder must be other armed citizens, hopefully they are as trained and experienced as I am, and not just some pro gun nutjob who strokes his AK-47 every night thinking he is some bad ass. Unless people prefer to just wait their turn to die while nutjob swaps magazines and continues shooting until he offs himself before the police arrive 3-5 mins later.

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-08-2015, 04:10 PM
I doubt people will simply stand there waiting. They will panic and run in every direction which further minimizes your chance of getting off a clean shot in that kind of chaos. You sound reasonable. How would you feel if it was determined that your bullet killed another movie-goer?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
05-08-2015, 04:13 PM
(05-08-2015 04:10 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I doubt people will simply stand there waiting. They will panic and run in every direction which further minimizes your chance of getting off a clean shot in that kind of chaos. You sound reasonable. How would you feel if it was determined that your bullet killed another movie-goer?

As I said, nothing about the scenario is good. However, most people tend to run away from shooter, which would potentially give me an open an uncluttered shot, but we can play a thousand different horrific scenarios all day....in the end it is a shitty situation all the way around, however, if my wife and I are in that situation, I prefer to be armed. Just my personal preference. Feel free to be one of the unarmed ones, I support and will defend your choice, truly.

[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-08-2015, 04:46 PM
If I get shot by a cop - while shooting a whacko who's spraying a theater -- I'm OK with that.....

I couldn't live with myself - if I did nothing - and allowed the prick to kill innocent people.........

Best bet -- as soon as the situation is secure - put your gun back in the holster - and assume the position....... (hands on head)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
05-08-2015, 05:21 PM
How long since the last crazed gunman let loose in America?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
05-08-2015, 06:33 PM
(05-08-2015 05:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  How long since the last crazed gunman let loose in America?

Bout 37 minutes or so. We're do for another >.>

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post