Nashville Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 07:42 AM
RE: Nashville Shooting
(06-08-2015 07:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Out of curiosity I glanced at lightning statistics and couldn't help but notice that men are about four times as likely to die from it as women. Who would have guessed lightning if sexist?

Who's more likely to be out fumbling with pointy metal objects during a thunderstorm?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-08-2015, 07:43 AM
(06-08-2015 07:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 07:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Out of curiosity I glanced at lightning statistics and couldn't help but notice that men are about four times as likely to die from it as women. Who would have guessed lightning if sexist?

Who's more likely to be out fumbling with pointy metal objects during a thunderstorm?

You make a shocking argument. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
06-08-2015, 08:02 AM
(06-08-2015 07:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Someone's gotta hold up the lightning rod, and I don't see any women volunteering to do it Therefore it's a man's job.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-08-2015, 08:15 AM
So.....are we tired of this yet? How we approach things now isn't working.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
06-08-2015, 09:12 AM
(06-08-2015 08:15 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  So.....are we tired of this yet? How we approach things now isn't working.

We are tired of it and we want a quick and easy solution. Maybe if we put more limits on firearm ownership the problem will go away. Maybe if we provide universal mental health care the problem will go away. Maybe if we all just get angry enough about this, the problem will go away. In fact, it is a complex issue and there is no quick and easy solution.

Among the things we have to do is identify children with serious mental health problems when they are young and get them treatment even though parents refuse to recognize that their child is showing psychotic behaviors. There is much that can be done if we teach people who work with children what to look for. We have about all of the restrictions we can put on firearm purchase and ownership without running afoul of the constitution. Suggesting that we amend the constitution to put more restrictions on gun ownership is simply not a practical solution and is not helpful to the discussion. However, there may be some additional things we can do to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people. Limiting the size of magazines is not a helpful solution. I don't know what the best solutionS to this problem are but I do know the ones we have tried and are still considering are bullshit wastes of time. You young people need to start thinking outside the box.
06-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Smart guns, accompanied by regular mandatory mental-health screening for gun owners.
06-08-2015, 09:15 AM
(06-08-2015 07:07 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 06:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We're in a society that shows off it's warts................

The media covers this stuff because it's the thing of movies.....

Far more people die of lightning strikes every year - but few people are afraid to venture outside in the rain --- though if you were to take statistics seriously, you'd be far more afraid of lightning than people with guns.

Really? So at least 15.000 people die from lighting strikes in US every year? I kinda doubt that.
I'm referring to mass shootings...

I don't count suicides and legally justified shootings (civilian and police)....

That game is played by the Brady/Feinstein camp.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-08-2015, 09:20 AM
AND BTW ---

Keep in mind this latest whackadoodle did not even HAVE a gun....

He had a bb gun.

Not the same thing .....

And where's the outrage of "Use of excessive force"??????

The anti gun people came unglued at the cops for shooting the kid in the park with the bb gun.....

Not so much this time.....

I guess it's like religion and the bible.... Pick and choose, what proves your point...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-08-2015, 09:30 AM
(06-08-2015 09:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And where's the outrage of "Use of excessive force"??????

Where is the excessive force? The guy did attack people and looked like a potential killer.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-08-2015, 09:32 AM
(06-08-2015 09:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 09:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And where's the outrage of "Use of excessive force"??????

Where is the excessive force? The guy did attack people and looked like a potential killer.

I'm not saying there was excessive force. I'm saying the usual suspects who do go on about "excessive force" are oddly silent this time -- in spite of the fact the guy didn't have a gun.....

Personally -- I believe the cops did good..... They saved the taxpayer from paying for a trial -- for a nutjob who obviously WANTED to die....