Nashville Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 10:26 AM
RE: Nashville Shooting
(06-08-2015 10:02 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 10:00 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Or you can hunt with a hand gun.

Confused Hunt people?

Anything but people.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 10:27 AM
(06-08-2015 10:22 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 10:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You can -- but it's tough... I've gotten one buck with my Ruger .480. 25 yards out, from 25 feet up.... wasn't easy.... but it did drop him in his tracks....

Not as hard as killing one with a throwing knife.

I've got a friend that's been trying for years to get one with an atlatl......

Hasn't even tried a shot yet....

Ya wonder how come cavemen didn't starve to death....

Guess they had more motivation to get really good with one...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-08-2015, 10:56 AM
(06-08-2015 10:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 10:22 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Not as hard as killing one with a throwing knife.

I would use a bow personally.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Bow is a relatively modern technology (~12,000 years ago).

From our best evidence, "cave men" used blinds/traps with fire-hardened (and, later, flint-tipped) heavy spears for most of their history, followed by atlatls (javelin-throwers) around 15,000-17,000 years ago. They didn't starve mainly because they worked together-- humans are a social species at least as much as we're a technological one.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/mod_homo_5.htm

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
06-08-2015, 12:23 PM
(06-08-2015 10:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 10:22 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Not as hard as killing one with a throwing knife.

A common native American tactic for hunting buffalo actually involved chasing it off a cliff.

When teaching me how to hunt with a slingshot, my stepfather killed a dear with one via perfect shot to the throat, something I was never able to repeat. Best I could manage with a slingshot or sling was squirrel, rabbits, and wild turkey.

'Murican Canadian
06-08-2015, 12:28 PM
(06-08-2015 10:56 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 10:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've got a friend that's been trying for years to get one with an atlatl......

I would use a bow personally.

Bow hunting is fun, but harder than it sounds. Especially if you're using a traditional bow rather than a compound. The sound of simply pulling back to shoot usually scares off your pray before you get a chance to release the arrow. With a compound, the mechanics of it allow you to pull back and keep it pulled back while you wait.

'Murican Canadian
06-08-2015, 12:42 PM
(06-08-2015 10:02 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 10:00 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Or you can hunt with a hand gun.

Confused Hunt people?

Ummm, no.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-08-2015, 12:48 PM
(06-08-2015 07:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Out of curiosity I glanced at lightning statistics and couldn't help but notice that men are about four times as likely to die from it as women. Who would have guessed lightning is sexist?
At work.

Sorry am late to comment.
I believe the differences between male and female lightning strikes is called 'Golf' Tongue
06-08-2015, 01:12 PM
(06-08-2015 12:48 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 07:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Out of curiosity I glanced at lightning statistics and couldn't help but notice that men are about four times as likely to die from it as women. Who would have guessed lightning is sexist?
At work.

Sorry am late to comment.
I believe the differences between male and female lightning strikes is called 'Golf' Tongue

As a female golfer, I disagree. I believe the difference between male and female lightning strikes is called testosterone (i.e. stupidity induced by machismo). I simply stop golfing, I don't care if I'm having a good round, I'll finish it later. TongueLaughat

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
06-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Also, as to the actual thread topic, I'm with GWG on this one, personally, I'd feel safer having a gun to protect myself, but at the same time I don't trust most other people to not let their stupidity get in the way of safe gun handling. I'm all for increased restrictions on concealed carry permits, and I'm flat out against open carry.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein