Nasty Obituary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Nasty Obituary
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11...07271.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/15...d%3D430807

Does the publication have the right to remove the obituary?

I get her honesty but damn!
I guess she will not be missed!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2014 02:37 PM by Anjele.)
RE: Nasty Obituary
I get the reason. Should it have been published? If it wasn't a lie then it's certainly not illegal. I will, one day, write something quite similar...share it with my sister, and then burn it. There are so many layers to a life with a(n) abusive parent(s).

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-01-2014, 01:41 PM
As far as I'm aware they have the right to print anything they wish and pull anything they wish. It's their newspaper. However, if true, I think the article is fine. from a personal standpoint.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
15-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Like it or not. We reap what we sow! ... I can't lie! I laughed! Tongue

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
15-01-2014, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2014 04:25 PM by WitchSabrina.)
(15-01-2014 01:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I get the reason. Should it have been published? If it wasn't a lie then it's certainly not illegal. I will, one day, write something quite similar...share it with my sister, and then burn it. There are so many layers to a life with a(n) abusive parent.

Here. Here
Heart

I've only just buried my mom.

And while there were certainly a million painful childhood memories - due to my mom's dementia and extreme vulnerable state the 2 years prior to her death - I could not in good conscience look back to those bad memories whatsoever. I knew those memories were there. I left them alone. Instead I saw her as the pained, broken woman she was at the end. In fact, she appeared like the portrait of Dorian Gray as though all the sad times and meanness in her life had finally surfaced to the skin for all to see.
I buried her with the sadness that had ruled her life. Sorry for the joy of life that is which she clearly went to her grave sorely missing. I sent her to her God, knowing full well that her judgement day plagued her throughout her entire life.

I do not think I've ever felt More sorry for a person.

Think the movie Sybil and Mommy Dearest combined and you've got the early history which was mine. I simply chose to NOT be what she said. And left her to her own devices. Easy? No. Doable? Yes.

And to face a sense of completion upon her death - I allowed the hurt little girl to be buried with her.

nuff said........
you catch my drift
Heart

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
15-01-2014, 02:13 PM
I kind of like the idea of publicly shaming child abusers, but I think it's something that should be done when the person is around to defend themselves.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
15-01-2014, 02:17 PM
(15-01-2014 01:53 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 01:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I get the reason. Should it have been published? If it wasn't a lie then it's certainly not illegal. I will, one day, write something quite similar...share it with my sister, and then burn it. There are so many layers to a life with a(n) abusive parent.

Here. Here
Heart

And while there were certainly a million painful childhood memories - due to my mom's dementia and extreme vulnerable state the 2 years prior to her death - I could not in good conscience look back to those bad memories whatsoever. I knew those memories were there. I left them alone. Instead I saw her as the pained, broken woman she was at the end. In fact, she appeared like the portrait of Dorian Gray as though all the sad times and meanness in her life had finally surfaced to the skin for all to see.
I buried her with the sadness that had ruled her life. Sorry for the joy of life that is which she clearly went her grave sorely missing. I sent her to her God, knowing full well that her judgement day plagued her throughout her entire life.

Think the movie Sybil and Mommy Dearest combined and you've got the early history which was mine. I simply chose to NOT be what she said. And left her to her own devices. Easy? No. Doable? Yes.

And to face a sense of completion upon her death - I allowed the hurt little girl to be buried with her.

nuff said........
you catch my drift
Heart

Someone just had to make me cry today. That was beautiful.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
15-01-2014, 02:17 PM
That certainly is a way to raise awareness that even beyond the grave actions of the past are still able to haunt. I think they gave her an adequate sendoff. There are a few people in this world, once they die, I'll be drinking a bottle of wine over their graves. I'll probably not be the one to write the obituary as I'll probably be the last to know they've passed. And they're called family. Evil_monster

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
15-01-2014, 02:20 PM
(15-01-2014 02:17 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 01:53 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Here. Here
Heart

I buried her with the sadness that had ruled her life. Sorry for the joy of life that is which she clearly went her grave sorely missing. I sent her to her God, knowing full well that her judgement day plagued her throughout her entire life.

nuff said........
you catch my drift
Heart

Someone just had to make me cry today. That was beautiful.

Thanks. I meant every word I typed more than I can say.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
15-01-2014, 02:24 PM
(15-01-2014 01:53 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  

Here. Here
Heart

nuff said........
you catch my drift
Heart

Wow. *BIG HUGS*

Damn that was some beautiful.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post