Nasty Obituary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 08:20 PM
RE: Nasty Obituary
Although harsh, I can see how being honest may help the children release the anger and resentment. It is interesting how society feels that we need to respect the dead, which is fitting for the good people in our lives. But for someone that brought nothing pain and misery to their loved ones, let the victims curse their grave and move on.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 08:22 PM
My dad always says her goes to funerals and wonders if he is at the right one. All anyone has to say is something nice. I would rather peeps at my funeral go "God she was a bloody nightmare but a lot of fun with it."

My uncle would have pissed himself laughing at his funeral. My cousin didn't think she was up to being a pall bearer so they roped me in. I am 5 foot tall and 50kgs and he was a bloody big heavy guy and my cousins were a lot taller than me. Combine that with some stiletto heels and a grave that wasn't big enough and my other cousin making us drop him with a fit of the giggles saying he would be losing his shit at that thought of being buried next to a Dutchman as he hated the Dutch and all in all it was a bit of a disaster. But in a good way.

I always tell my Dad I am tying his coffin up with baling twine (it goes around hay bales and is like a Gordian knot). Firstly because he always has it on him keeps it in all sorts if weird places and secondly because it means he won't get out.

BTW. I love my Dad. he is a massive PITA sometimes but I love him anyway.
16-01-2014, 07:59 AM
(15-01-2014 01:41 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  As far as I'm aware they have the right to print anything they wish and pull anything they wish. It's their newspaper. However, if true, I think the article is fine. from a personal standpoint.

It applies to news shows and so I assume it applies to newspapers as well.
They're technically suppose to be public services and so they have to print things like death notices and such so they can fulfill their public service obligation.

Don't quote me on that though.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
16-01-2014, 08:43 AM
After attending my grandfather's funeral a few years back, I was dumbfounded at all the things they were saying about him. I clearly remember him as a miserable man that manipulated my grandmother and used her naivity to his advantage at every opportunity. A woman that waited on him hand and foot for over 20 years due to his ailing health without so much as a thank you or smile. His piss poor choices ( filing bankruptcy behind her back so has to hide fraudulent activity ) lead her to do everything she could to keep their home during their retirement years. I won't even start on how he trained up my parent to have a complete warped view of the opposite sex that condoned marital rape and more.

His funeral was not closure. It was a series of lies while his decomposing body lay in the room. Goes to show that "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all" would actually have been a better option than coming up with weird shit and making his passing more confusing than anything.

That said, I don't blame them. Sounds like they found their way to send her off by bringing awareness to the horrors of child abuse.

Blink
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. -George S. Patton