National Atheist Party

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2011, 11:57 PM

National Atheist Party
Hello my fellow Atheist's and Freethinkers! My name is Dr. Ronald Slaughter and I am an Atheist and member of the National Atheist Party. The National Atheist Party is a diverse, all inclusive, progressive, secular political movement and a response to the lack of representation for all free thinking people who are legal, law abiding citizens of the United States. We demand emancipation from the religious dogma that has infiltrated our government and has unfairly influenced political decisions and policy making. We are for the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE, and therefore incorporate the right to use the power OF the PEOPLE to restore equality to our Democracy using reasonable, rational and non-violent means. "POWER TO THE PEOPLE!"

The National Atheist Party is open to people of all races, sexes and sexual orientations, and cultures. We are committed to a government free of superstition and bias and are guided by principles of equal opportunity, recognition of merit, and economic responsibility. The National Atheist Party does not seek to inhibit the religious practices or beliefs of any group, but is committed to the idea that religious preference is a private matter and has no place in the government or workplace. We support the separation of church and state, and seek to ensure its strictest interpretation.-Taken from the National Atheist Party page

If you have a Facebook page and are interested in being more involved with the National Atheist Party please join us at http://www.facebook.com/National.Atheist.Party

We are currently working on the official website and the URL will be made available soon. If you have any questions please fee free to contact me personally at: DocRon66@gmail.com or give me a call at the Virginia Chapter of the NAP at 703.622.1946.

Thank you all!
Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2011, 12:49 AM
RE: National Atheist Party
I was a bit intrigued by the combination of the "Doctor" title along with the name Slaughter so I took the liberty to google it with Image-search. I found this picture of you eating a baby so looks like your a legitimate atheist Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKkHCDzDDldC2mDkUXUcI...mp;amp;t=1]

Hi and welcome DocRon

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Hahaha, I don't think your last name is any help to your cause good sir. Nice to have you here.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-06-2011, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2011 03:09 PM by TrainWreck.)
(26-06-2011 11:57 PM)DocRon Wrote:  Hello my fellow Atheist's and Freethinkers! My name is Dr. Ronald Slaughter and I am an Atheist and member of the National Atheist Party.
I'll bet you are more than just a member. You will eventually come to realize that you are the leader and nobody wants to follow your ideas, although they are willing to call themselves,"members." you will also find that you are the only one who might do any work in trying to organize an agenda that other people might be interested in subscribing to, but chances are when you realize the work it takes to do that, you will give up and hide.

(26-06-2011 11:57 PM)DocRon Wrote:  The National Atheist Party is a diverse, all inclusive, progressive, secular political movement and a response to the lack of representation for all free thinking people who are legal, law abiding citizens of the United States.
I think you are going to have difficulty tolerating theists in the organization. Progressive and secular are incompatible - an organization cannot be politically secular if it is to be politically progressive - secular never makes judgement on issues.

(26-06-2011 11:57 PM)DocRon Wrote:  We demand emancipation from the religious dogma that has infiltrated our government and has unfairly influenced political decisions and policy making.
How do you plan on doing this? I assure you, all of the policy that you are interested in doesn't have any references to god or religions - so how will you be able to know that there is any religious dogma influencing it? Besides, don't you think that the atheist organizations that are in place are working to this goal?

(26-06-2011 11:57 PM)DocRon Wrote:  We are for the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE, and therefore incorporate the right to use the power OF the PEOPLE to restore equality to our Democracy using reasonable, rational and non-violent means. "POWER TO THE PEOPLE!"
So what do you have as a means of restoring equality - are you anticipating someone more creative than yourself to explain how to do what it is you are thinking, or do you have a list of things for members to do ready to go, but just not published? Are the members going to get paid, or are they going to have to volunteer?

(26-06-2011 11:57 PM)DocRon Wrote:  The National Atheist Party is open to people of all races, sexes and sexual orientations, and cultures. We are committed to a government free of superstition and bias and are guided by principles of equal opportunity, recognition of merit, and economic responsibility.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you said something like that already - gee whiz, would any atheist expect anything different???

(26-06-2011 11:57 PM)DocRon Wrote:  The National Atheist Party does not seek to inhibit the religious practices or beliefs of any group, but is committed to the idea that religious preference is a private matter and has no place in the government or workplace.
Well, you're going to have a major problem trying to convince highly intellectual free thinking non-theists, like me that that is a possible political perspective - what types of "preferences" are not private matters???

Your problem here is that you do not understand that religion is a logic and morality philosophy and that the god is merely allegorical to the logic and morality - religion is not a one hour a week hooby. And you should realize that political affiliation is a private matter as well, and that political parties are the guardians of specific logic and moralities, just like religions; and that "Democrat," and symbolic "D," and donkeys, would have to be abolished as well from your GVMNT and workplaces. When you think about it, aren't political preferences 24/seven practices???

(26-06-2011 11:57 PM)DocRon Wrote:  We support the separation of church and state, and seek to ensure its strictest interpretation.-Taken from the National Atheist Party page
Well, you're sure to give the peon atheists a rise in their Levi's with that.

(26-06-2011 11:57 PM)DocRon Wrote:  If you have a Facebook page and are interested in being more involved with the National Atheist Party please join us at http://www.facebook.com/National.Atheist.Party

We are currently working on the official website and the URL will be made available soon. If you have any questions please fee free to contact me personally at: DocRon66@gmail.com or give me a call at the Virginia Chapter of the NAP at 703.622.1946.

Thank you all!
Come on Doc, your shit is not even half baked.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
27-06-2011, 04:17 PM
TrainWreck crashes into a well intentioned post again, bringing with him a flaming wreckage of self-masturbation and pretentious condemnation. Try not to step in the debris, Doc.

I can't load the FB page cause my internet is running at dial-up speed for some reason. Can you give us the political stance of the party? How can you organize people with different political views under a banner of non-religion? I'm a Libertarian so I'm certain my views clash with a lot of people in the party.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
27-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Buddy Christ brings up a good point, atheists have many different political leanings.
I think instead of a political party we could have more of a political movement, such as educating people about atheism, and fighting laws that have strong religious backgrounds.

To be honest, I think the first priority of any atheist group is education, people have NO idea about us. We need to tell people we are not angry at god, we are not demons, and we lead happy healthy lives without religion.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
27-06-2011, 06:14 PM
(26-06-2011 11:57 PM)DocRon Wrote:  Hello my fellow Atheist's and Freethinkers! My name is Dr. Ronald Slaughter and I am an Atheist and member of the National Atheist Party. The National Atheist Party is a diverse, all inclusive, progressive, secular political movement and a response to the lack of representation for all free thinking people who are legal, law abiding citizens of the United States.

Sorry Doc. I'm as apolitical as I am areligious, I will not participate.

(27-06-2011 04:17 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  TrainWreck crashes into a well intentioned post again, bringing with him a flaming wreckage of self-masturbation and pretentious condemnation. Try not to step in the debris, Doc.

Shit ... too late. That is something messy best stepped over or around isn't it.

(27-06-2011 04:29 PM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  To be honest, I think the first priority of any atheist group is education, people have NO idea about us.

There is no need to educate people about atheism. There is a need to educate people. The atheism invariably just happens as a byproduct. Wink

(27-06-2011 04:29 PM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  We need to tell people we are not angry at god, we are not demons, and we lead happy healthy lives without religion.

Or not. Why do they need to know shit?

(27-06-2011 12:49 AM)The_observer Wrote:  I was a bit intrigued by the combination of the "Doctor" title along with the name Slaughter so I took the liberty to google it with Image-search. I found this picture of you eating a baby so looks like your a legitimate atheist Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKkHCDzDDldC2mDkUXUcI...mp;amp;t=1]

Hi and welcome DocRon

It does appear that he might appreciate the flavor of baby. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
28-06-2011, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2011 09:31 AM by TrainWreck.)
(27-06-2011 04:17 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  TrainWreck crashes into a well intentioned post again, bringing with him a flaming wreckage of self-masturbation and pretentious condemnation. Try not to step in the debris, Doc.

He has nothing - he is spamming his empty idea. His Facebook page only has dopey easily influenced atheist people who friended him - nothing to further his agenda. The only thing he has of substance is a logo

(27-06-2011 04:29 PM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  Buddy Christ brings up a good point, atheists have many different political leanings.
Yeah, but it is amazing how well they seemingly fit into the few political parties that are established.

(27-06-2011 04:29 PM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  I think instead of a political party we could have more of a political movement, such as educating people about atheism, and fighting laws that have strong religious backgrounds.
That is what the established atheist organizations claim to do, but it is a far stretch of reason to believe that they educate - atheist rely upon atheist organizations to represent them in political issues.
(27-06-2011 04:29 PM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  To be honest, I think the first priority of any atheist group is education, people have NO idea about us. We need to tell people we are not angry at god, we are not demons, and we lead happy healthy lives without religion.
"People" - you do mean theists - right?

If the first priority is to be teaching - don't you think it should be a full curriculum, or are you just worried about the "no god" stuff?

It is going to take a lot of work, but atheists do not want to do the work - they just want to sit around and tell all the other people that they need to meet their expectations.
(27-06-2011 06:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There is no need to educate people about atheism. There is a need to educate people. The atheism invariably just happens as a byproduct.
How did you get such a superior education?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
28-06-2011, 05:46 PM
(28-06-2011 09:17 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(27-06-2011 06:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There is no need to educate people about atheism. There is a need to educate people. The atheism invariably just happens as a byproduct.
How did you get such a superior education?

Student loans.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-06-2011, 06:46 PM
sadly I think in this case trainwreck may be right after all. Dr. Slaughter seems to be a one hit wonder thus far. Unless ... are you still there Dr? or were you just looking for votes like every other politician?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user