National Atheist Party

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2011, 07:37 PM
RE: National Atheist Party
(28-06-2011 06:46 PM)lucradis Wrote:  sadly I think in this case trainwreck may be right after all. Dr. Slaughter seems to be a one hit wonder thus far. Unless ... are you still there Dr? or were you just looking for votes like every other politician?

Trying to organize atheists into a some sort of collective voting bloc makes about as much sense as me trying to get my wife's rescue beagles to just shit in the toilet instead of on the floor. I already knew it was an exercise in futility before I even tried.

Guess I'm too new to appreciate TrainWreck's history here, but I haven't seen anything particularly egregious or odious yet. ... I mean other than that shit I stepped in the other day, which in hindsight wasn't the worst thing I've ever had to scrape off the bottom of my feet.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Pretty much he makes every single thread about the same thing. At first it was his identification system. Later it was actually about an atheist political party which is why I make jokes to him about this (funny how much he hates the actual party =p) He's extremely hard headed. He made a lot of disparaging remarks to people who tried to talk with him. And he calmed down some after Stark finally told him he'd be removed for spam if he continued.

This is what the older forum members know of trainwreck. Same asshole but neutered =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
29-06-2011, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2011 10:13 AM by TrainWreck.)
(28-06-2011 06:46 PM)lucradis Wrote:  sadly I think in this case trainwreck may be right after all. Dr. Slaughter seems to be a one hit wonder thus far. Unless ... are you still there Dr? or were you just looking for votes like every other politician?
It should have been obvious - he claimed an organization with no website, looking to recruit members.

(28-06-2011 07:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Trying to organize atheists into a some sort of collective voting bloc . . . an exercise in futility . . .
No it is not; it is your mind-set, which is shared by many others, that is the problem. The fact that we, in modern Western society, live in democratic-republics gives any grouping the possibility of political interest. The atheists belief that they are superior at reasoning then theists should compel atheists to devise a political agenda.

You stated that you are "apolitical," so I do not expect much from you, as far as good reasoning considering your analogies to training dogs; but if you are interested in my superior reasoning on the subject, you will find it in Atheism is a political movement. Fight with me there, if you want to back up your claim that atheists cannot be consolidated into a voting bloc.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
29-06-2011, 10:00 AM
(26-06-2011 11:57 PM)DocRon Wrote:  The National Atheist Party is open to people of all races, sexes and sexual orientations, and cultures.

Anyone remember the movie "Revenge of the Nerds"? That reminds me of the scene when they are explaining to the head of Lambda Lambda Lambda how their chapter will be open to all races, creeds and sexual orientation.

Anyway, appreciate the offer but I have the same interest in an "atheist" political party that I have in a theist one.

(28-06-2011 09:17 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  He has nothing - he is spamming his empty idea. His Facebook page only has dopey easily influenced atheist people who friended him - nothing to further his agenda. The only thing he has of substance is a logo

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there is what that is.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
29-06-2011, 10:02 AM
(29-06-2011 07:11 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Later it was actually about an atheist political party which is why I make jokes to him about this (funny how much he hates the actual party =p) He's extremely hard headed.
What actual party do I hate?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
29-06-2011, 06:43 PM
(29-06-2011 09:59 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Fight with me there, if you want to back up your claim that atheists cannot be consolidated into a voting bloc.

Meh ... fuck it. Not worth the effort. But you go ahead and keep fighting the power, or the man, or whomever it is that's keeping you down.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
30-06-2011, 08:37 PM
The one this about of course Trainwreck =p I like that it exists because it bothers you =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
03-07-2011, 10:08 PM

WOW! Not the reaction that I was hoping for but I did expect some resistance nonetheless. I would like to address just a couple of the remarks made, while I would like to reply to each and everyone, there's just not enough time. Additionally, my delay in and lack of reply (individual or in total) is not because I am "spamming" or any other theory you may have. I have been recovering from a stroke and have not been able to keep up to speed like many of you. So all I ask is that you don't imply or make accusations about people until you get to know them or enough that you can be correct in what you are saying.

First and foremost. I am not in charge nor even in the leadership of this endeavor. The National Atheist Party is a new movement that I just happen to be a new member of and wanted to attempt to help spread the word for. That's all..quite simple...and no hidden agenda...no conspiracy.

As a firm believer in first amendment rights and as a retired Marine I will fight to the death to protect your right to say what you want. I just don't have to agree with everything you say. That being said, you can feel free to bash, ridicule, make fun of, or whatever you feel you need to say about me... I have thick skin and have heard far worse.

Second, I believe that everyone that is involved in the National Atheist Party would agree that it's not going to be easy, but it's time that something be done more than just talking about changes. I [we] all know quite well that it's going to be like herding cats and we are still willing to at least try.

I'm not a professional writer or a politician. There are many people involved in the NAP that can answer questions about the platform much better and with educated answers than I. So please don't make judgement against the NAP for my failure to answer any of your questions. As for personal attacks against me... Eh, I don't care. At the end of the day I know who I am and what I stand for.

Sorry if I offended anyone, it as not my intention. Science be with you :-)
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks for replying. If you could send somebody from the NAP to this forum to discuss the platform with us that would be great.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
03-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Sorry about the stroke. I'm also interested in some of the positions this party has if you wouldn't mind addressing this. Just a question about your intentions when you decided to join the forum. Did you just join to advertise? If so I still consider that spam.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user