National Geographic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2017, 08:43 AM
National Geographic
While waiting for an oil change on my car, I was looking through the current issue of National Geographic and came across an article about the next step in human evolution.

The cover showed a human being with seven of nine Borg like implants around its eye.
It implied the next step in evolution wouldn't be natural, but instead man made tech implants.

I began reading the article and the writer said "Until recently, science thought that human evolution had stopped a long time ago."

I thought "WTF ?"
This writer knows nothing about evolution and neither does the editor, nor anyone who was involved with bringing this article to the pages of National Geographic.

I was pissed at this point and then realized, people like this don't care about the truth, but damnit, I do.

Evolution happens with every birth. The child born is not a copy of its parents. The child is different. Those differences get passed along down through generations. The shape of your skull, height, hair color, skin pigment, the length of your fingers and a million other traits.

I suppose it simply pisses me off that any human with access to all of our accumulated body of knowledge gets something so simple, wrong.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2017, 09:15 AM
RE: National Geographic
Nat Geo at least with the TV channel has sold out, it's TV channel is a fucking joke outside a couple of shows.

Today's media buys up everything from the corporate level and simply tries to turn it into ratings run to get add space.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Television and magazines are obsolete. I'm surprised they even sell physical copies of their magazines anymore.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
22-04-2017, 09:33 AM
National Geographic is not a peer-reviewed science journal, so it can say any shit they want to print.
22-04-2017, 09:54 AM
(22-04-2017 08:43 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I thought "WTF ?"

According to Google: "In exchange for $725 million, the National Geographic Society passed the troubled magazine and its book, map and other media assets to a partnership headed by 21st Century Fox, the Murdoch-controlled company that owns the 20th Century Fox movie studio, the Fox television network and Fox News Channel. Sep 9, 2015"
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
22-04-2017, 11:36 AM
(22-04-2017 09:54 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(22-04-2017 08:43 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I thought "WTF ?"

According to Google: "In exchange for $725 million, the National Geographic Society passed the troubled magazine and its book, map and other media assets to a partnership headed by 21st Century Fox, the Murdoch-controlled company that owns the 20th Century Fox movie studio, the Fox television network and Fox News Channel. Sep 9, 2015"

Well, that would explain it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
22-04-2017, 12:16 PM
(22-04-2017 11:36 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(22-04-2017 09:54 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  According to Google: "In exchange for $725 million, the National Geographic Society passed the troubled magazine and its book, map and other media assets to a partnership headed by 21st Century Fox, the Murdoch-controlled company that owns the 20th Century Fox movie studio, the Fox television network and Fox News Channel. Sep 9, 2015"

Well, that would explain it.

They've done some good stuff, the Homo naledi discovery for example.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post