National Prayer Day ??? (USA)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 04:43 PM
RE: National Prayer Day ??? (USA)
(29-04-2014 05:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 05:14 AM)War Horse Wrote:  ...
What are your thoughts on this ?

That Murikans are insane?

To be fair, Rhode Island also declared it to be a Day of Reason.

[Image: Day_of_Reason_rRI.jpg]

But they're so damn small most Murikans don't even realize it's a State.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-04-2014, 06:46 PM
(29-04-2014 04:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 05:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  That Murikans are insane?

(...)

I like it, it gives me some confidence in the future of humanity, although I'd recommend making every day a day of reason.

Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like living thing's post
29-04-2014, 07:00 PM
(29-04-2014 04:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 05:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  That Murikans are insane?

[Image: Day_of_Reason_rRI.jpg]

In my state's defense, that's aaallll the way over there in comparison to my Missouri so between that and it being tiny, it's forgettable Tongue

I've known about this holiday for years because they'd always announce it for school. Yeah, they have a "see you at the pole" (no not like what you're thinking) where kids hold hands circled around the American flag and pray. Or so I believe. I've never been so I don't know for 100%. They did it at my college too. It's not a forced thing and it's not taking time out of school, it happens like an hour or so before classes start (and in college it was like sometime before most of the morning classes). In hindsight, I don't mind it so much for college/university because those are adults and probably organized it themselves for themselves/others (so I assume, I think it was a Christian campus club that held it?) For public schools it bothers me because it is adults planning it for minors. Granted, they're like teens and they aren't as easily brainwashed as say kindergarteners but it's still that authority making time for minors for prayer. At least where I am it's not mandatory which would make me mad but there's still that ability for classmates to pressure other kids to go and look down on them for not doing it. Then again it is sort of a silly day if you're suppose to be praying every day anyways Tongue

[Image: notagain.gif]
29-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Ugh we have a day for everything here. Facepalm

I was told a few days ago it was National berry pie day

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-04-2014, 03:26 PM
(29-04-2014 08:51 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  This is one of those things that I simply cannot fathom how this is constitutional. I've read "justifications" of it that were nothing more than mental gymnastics that would win Olympic Gold. Most of them use some form of "it's not mandatory, so it's ok" or they're not specifying WHICH god you should pray to, so its' ok". It's all bullshit, plain and simple, designed to protect our great nation from the godless communists. Dodgy

How about a National Day of Science where everyone should go out and perform at least one science experiment and write a thank you letter to their favorite scientist for their contributions to the betterment of humanity. Thumbsup
That's an awesome idea. This needs to be spread. Should it be on pi day (March 14)or should it have it's own day.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
30-04-2014, 05:56 PM
(30-04-2014 03:26 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 08:51 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  This is one of those things that I simply cannot fathom how this is constitutional. I've read "justifications" of it that were nothing more than mental gymnastics that would win Olympic Gold. Most of them use some form of "it's not mandatory, so it's ok" or they're not specifying WHICH god you should pray to, so its' ok". It's all bullshit, plain and simple, designed to protect our great nation from the godless communists. Dodgy

How about a National Day of Science where everyone should go out and perform at least one science experiment and write a thank you letter to their favorite scientist for their contributions to the betterment of humanity. Thumbsup
That's an awesome idea. This needs to be spread. Should it be on pi day (March 14)or should it have it's own day.

Give it it's own day. Pi day is already nerdy enough.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister