National implications if NOT voting was made illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2012, 06:53 PM
RE: National implications if NOT voting was made illegal?
A bit weird?

Coming from the Sheeplander... Consider

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2012, 04:38 AM
(11-11-2012 01:39 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 08:37 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I don't believe that choosing not to vote should be illegal (if it was put up for debate, I am sure those who choose not to vote would certainly vote against this issue), though I do lose respect for people who choose not to vote. These are decisions that effect not only you, but everyone. Make a fucking decision and educate yourself.
When your choice is corporate sellout A or B, then do you really even have a choice? Even if you manage to get someone in office that isn't a complete sellout, then they are rendered useless by the 90% that are.

Obama seems to be a good example. He can't really accomplish much of anything, or at least not as much as you would hope he would.
Thus, you aren't voting for him, but against Romney.
Things might not get any better under Obama, but at least Romney can't make them worse.

For me, that is not enough incentive to care.
It is not a simple choice between two parties. If you don't like the Republicans or the Democrats, vote third party. There are plenty of them out there.

Obama cannot get anything done because the Republican senate cock blocks everything in an attempt to secure the next election.

Then you are pathetic.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
08-12-2012, 12:39 PM
I think it'll be wonderful here. Since a certain population here have unporportional power to their amount in the general population, because their vote rate is 99.9% (the 0.1% is for the possibility some of them are sick at the day of the elections) , and the majority vote rate is about 60% (and I'm pritty sure I'm being overwhelming positive in giving that number). So a mandatory voting will finnally release us from the claws of that minority......
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2012, 04:47 PM
(08-12-2012 12:39 PM)shiranl Wrote:  I think it'll be wonderful here. Since a certain population here have unporportional power to their amount in the general population, because their vote rate is 99.9% (the 0.1% is for the possibility some of them are sick at the day of the elections) , and the majority vote rate is about 60% (and I'm pritty sure I'm being overwhelming positive in giving that number). So a mandatory voting will finnally release us from the claws of that minority......
No, what will release you from the claws of that minority is to get off your lazy asses and participate.

You have only yourselves to blame.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Well, it's just another degree of no freedom. Voting itself isn't free, since you are choosing out of a collective pool of millions who shall rule you. Taking away the government grant of voting is like taking away the existing scraps from the slaves' table.
08-12-2012, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2012 05:02 PM by shiranl.)
(08-12-2012 04:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 12:39 PM)shiranl Wrote:  I think it'll be wonderful here. Since a certain population here have unporportional power to their amount in the general population, because their vote rate is 99.9% (the 0.1% is for the possibility some of them are sick at the day of the elections) , and the majority vote rate is about 60% (and I'm pritty sure I'm being overwhelming positive in giving that number). So a mandatory voting will finnally release us from the claws of that minority......
No, what will release you from the claws of that minority is to get off your lazy asses and participate.

Since it is my first voting, and I am going to vote, and since my whole family always voted- it is neither main nor my family who should be blamed. Making not voting illegal does not apply for people like me and my family, who does not need a law since it's obvious for them voting is important, it applies for the people who think they are "making a statement" by not voting AKA stupid people who doesn't understand they actually giving their vote for someone they defenatly don't want in the parliament.

How do you suggest to get those people's lazy asses and participate if you eliminate the option of illegalize non-voting?
08-12-2012, 05:07 PM
If they made it illegal not to vote in the UK then I will go to prison every four years.

Democracy......... Rolleyes

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
08-12-2012, 05:20 PM
(08-12-2012 05:07 PM)bemore Wrote:  If they made it illegal not to vote in the UK then I will go to prison every four years.

Democracy......... Rolleyes
People who think the U.S is a democracy are foolish. Welcome to a democratic republic.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
08-12-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm sure it's been said but I'll say it again.

Those that don't vote have no right to bitch about government policies.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
08-12-2012, 09:12 PM
(08-12-2012 04:56 PM)shiranl Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 04:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, what will release you from the claws of that minority is to get off your lazy asses and participate.

Since it is my first voting, and I am going to vote, and since my whole family always voted- it is neither main nor my family who should be blamed. Making not voting illegal does not apply for people like me and my family, who does not need a law since it's obvious for them voting is important, it applies for the people who think they are "making a statement" by not voting AKA stupid people who doesn't understand they actually giving their vote for someone they defenatly don't want in the parliament.

How do you suggest to get those people's lazy asses and participate if you eliminate the option of illegalize non-voting?
Do you think enforcing voting is consistent with freedom? I don't.

Those who don't vote are irresponsible, but not criminal.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post