National implications if NOT voting was made illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2012, 09:35 PM
RE: National implications if NOT voting was made illegal?
(08-12-2012 08:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm sure it's been said but I'll say it again.

Those that don't vote have no right to bitch about government policies.
Not voting is as much as a statement as putting a bullshit tick in a box that doesnt decide who my country goes to war with, it doesnt decide how much we should strip away from public services that took my ancestors 50 years of fighting for, doesnt decide any foreign policy.

Its a sham.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Quote:Not voting is as much as a statement as putting a bullshit tick in a box

touche'

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
09-12-2012, 06:02 AM
(08-12-2012 09:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 04:56 PM)shiranl Wrote:  Since it is my first voting, and I am going to vote, and since my whole family always voted- it is neither main nor my family who should be blamed. Making not voting illegal does not apply for people like me and my family, who does not need a law since it's obvious for them voting is important, it applies for the people who think they are "making a statement" by not voting AKA stupid people who doesn't understand they actually giving their vote for someone they defenatly don't want in the parliament.

How do you suggest to get those people's lazy asses and participate if you eliminate the option of illegalize non-voting?
Do you think enforcing voting is consistent with freedom? I don't.

Those who don't vote are irresponsible, but not criminal.
The result of enforcing voting is freedom from the claws I mentioned before.

It is a crime. And there's even a victim to the crime- the rest of the citizens.
And you still brought me no solution to get those lazy asses off their couches in election day.
Don't say something is wrong, then dismiss my solution, and then don't even bother to find another one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2012, 07:36 AM
(08-12-2012 09:35 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 08:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm sure it's been said but I'll say it again.

Those that don't vote have no right to bitch about government policies.
Not voting is as much as a statement as putting a bullshit tick in a box that doesnt decide who my country goes to war with, it doesnt decide how much we should strip away from public services that took my ancestors 50 years of fighting for, doesnt decide any foreign policy.

Its a sham.
This demonstrates your lack of knowledge. The government does not count those who do not vote, therefore your little "statement" has absolutely no meaning, no purpose, and does not serve to help anyone. There are plenty of things that you are able to vote for that have plenty of options. If you don't like the primary party's candidates, for example, vote third party. At least show a little understanding about how the world works.

The idea that you actually make a statement that carries any weight by not voting is a complete and total sham.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
09-12-2012, 07:54 AM
(09-12-2012 06:02 AM)shiranl Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 09:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you think enforcing voting is consistent with freedom? I don't.

Those who don't vote are irresponsible, but not criminal.
The result of enforcing voting is freedom from the claws I mentioned before.

It is a crime. And there's even a victim to the crime- the rest of the citizens.
And you still brought me no solution to get those lazy asses off their couches in election day.
Don't say something is wrong, then dismiss my solution, and then don't even bother to find another one.
The solution is civic education, not imposing freedom-destroying laws.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-12-2012, 08:02 AM
I think your kinda missing that to abstain is still voting.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
09-12-2012, 08:05 AM
(09-12-2012 08:02 AM)Humakt Wrote:  I think your kinda missing that to abstain is still voting.
The absence of a vote is not a vote.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
09-12-2012, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 08:36 AM by shiranl.)
(09-12-2012 07:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 06:02 AM)shiranl Wrote:  The result of enforcing voting is freedom from the claws I mentioned before.

The solution is civic education, not imposing freedom-destroying laws.
And something that will not take 20 years?
and we already doing that, btw.

And I think you over dramatizing it. Which freedom it destroys? freedom of speech? it makes people use their freedom of speech! it is the complete opposite of freedom of speech abuse!
09-12-2012, 08:31 AM
I don't get why so much talking about freedom, it seems that some are under the illusion they live in a country where freedom is somehow absolute and not restricted in any way, which is not the case.

Nobody has the freedom not to respect a contract, nor to take someone else's property, and a plethora of other restrictions. Those limitations are enforced under the belief that it helps achieve a general welfare and peace.

If restricting the freedom of not voting is the best for the general good then there's no excuse not to force people to vote. It's the way things work in this part of the world.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
09-12-2012, 08:31 AM
National implications if NOT voting was made illegal?
(09-12-2012 08:05 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 08:02 AM)Humakt Wrote:  I think your kinda missing that to abstain is still voting.
The absence of a vote is not a vote.

You make it sound like a single vote matters.

Only on a local matter or with local offices, but certainly not on any kind of national level.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post