National implications if NOT voting was made illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2012, 09:30 AM
RE: National implications if NOT voting was made illegal?
(09-12-2012 08:44 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 07:36 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  This demonstrates your lack of knowledge. The government does not count those who do not vote, therefore your little "statement" has absolutely no meaning, no purpose, and does not serve to help anyone. There are plenty of things that you are able to vote for that have plenty of options. If you don't like the primary party's candidates, for example, vote third party. At least show a little understanding about how the world works.

The idea that you actually make a statement that carries any weight by not voting is a complete and total sham.
I know that my no vote doesnt get counted bro (im in the UK by the way)
The amount of people who vote is dropping over here. The last elections had a reduced turn out and we recently had local elections to vote in local police commissioners and the turn out was dreadfull.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20352539

David Scameron does say in the article that the low turnout could be down to it being new. I think there is probably a lot of truth in that but I also have to say that the gov were not very informative on it. When people were asked on the street about who they voted for most people didnt know that a vote was occuring, a lot of people said they didnt bother going caus they didnt know anything about the people they were voting for, nor did they understand the system itself (of police commissioners)

I think that if vote counts keep falling (in general elections), then that in itself is a statement that people may not believe in the system as much anymore
And both your government and your economy are both in rapid decline. It seems like not voting is really paying of, isn't it?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2012, 09:32 AM
(09-12-2012 09:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 08:28 AM)shiranl Wrote:  And something that will not take 20 years?
and we already doing that, btw.

And I think you over dramatizing it. Which freedom it destroys? freedom of speech? it makes people use their freedom of speech! it is the complete opposite of freedom of speech abuse!
Forcing anyone to do anything is an encroachment on freedom. Is that difficult to grasp?
What if you are forced to be free? Consider

09-12-2012, 09:37 AM
(09-12-2012 09:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 09:26 AM)bemore Wrote:  If 50% of my countries population dont vote (approx 30 million people) I would ask why this was the case and what implications would it have in the future of voting.

If 30 million people are unhappy with the system, then that could be the beginning of a change in the system.
No, the government would disregard it, and possibly use that as a way to seize control. Not voting is not an intelligent thing to do.
I would like to say that I would know what the goverment would do in that situation.... but seeing as that situation has never occured in my country I dont think I can, all I can do is speculate.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2012, 09:40 AM
(09-12-2012 09:30 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  And both your government and your economy are both in rapid decline. It seems like not voting is really paying of, isn't it?
Im not sure I understand this post dude. What has voting got to do with the economy???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-12-2012, 09:40 AM
(09-12-2012 09:37 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 09:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  No, the government would disregard it, and possibly use that as a way to seize control. Not voting is not an intelligent thing to do.
I would like to say that I would know what the goverment would do in that situation.... but seeing as that situation has never occured in my country I dont think I can, all I can do is speculate.
Not voting only allows who do to have power over you. This is a fact.

09-12-2012, 09:41 AM
(09-12-2012 09:40 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 09:30 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  And both your government and your economy are both in rapid decline. It seems like not voting is really paying of, isn't it?
Im not sure I understand this post dude. What has voting got to do with the economy???
You vote for your government representatives, which in turn vote for the officials who will fix the economy. Misguided votes > Bad Leadership > Shitty Economy.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
09-12-2012, 09:43 AM
(09-12-2012 09:26 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 09:16 AM)shiranl Wrote:  I already told you what will happen if that occur- your government, the body who rules you and your taxes, will be elected by the minority. You'll be ruled by the minority's government. I prefer my government more majority-like, don't know what about you

If 50% of my countries population dont vote (approx 30 million people) I would ask why this was the case and what implications would it have in the future of voting.

If 30 million people are unhappy with the system, then that could be the beginning of a change in the system.
50% is not 47%, 50% I could somehow accept since it is not a minority.

And it is good you'll ask those questions. Now, tell me- who will do the change? the minority's government which benefits from the current system? or the people who sat on their couches when their government was hijacked from them?
09-12-2012, 09:57 AM
(09-12-2012 09:41 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 09:40 AM)bemore Wrote:  Im not sure I understand this post dude. What has voting got to do with the economy???
You vote for your government representatives, which in turn vote for the officials who will fix the economy. Misguided votes > Bad Leadership > Shitty Economy.

Well that would require the people of my country, every single person who votes... to be fully informed and educated in the whole monetary system.

Do you think that is the case?

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-12-2012, 10:00 AM
(09-12-2012 09:43 AM)shiranl Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 09:26 AM)bemore Wrote:  If 50% of my countries population dont vote (approx 30 million people) I would ask why this was the case and what implications would it have in the future of voting.

50% is not 47%, 50% I could somehow accept since it is not a minority.

And it is good you'll ask those questions. Now, tell me- who will do the change? the minority's government which benefits from the current system? or the people who sat on their couches when their government was hijacked from them?
I have no idea, it hasnt happened yet so we can all but speculate.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-12-2012, 10:05 AM
So you want to get to a situation where you won't know a jack shit about what to do?