National implications if NOT voting was made illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2012, 10:14 AM
RE: National implications if NOT voting was made illegal?
(09-12-2012 10:05 AM)shiranl Wrote:  So you want to get to a situation where you won't know a jack shit about what to do?
If thats what it takes then thats what it takes. It wouldnt just be me though, id have 29,999,999 other people who would possibly want the same thing.

Look this is a discussion.... I get that you want people to vote and that you would support making it mandatory..... my opinion doesnt match yours and because of this you may possibly think im deluded or miseducated?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2012, 10:27 AM
(09-12-2012 10:14 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 10:05 AM)shiranl Wrote:  So you want to get to a situation where you won't know a jack shit about what to do?
If thats what it takes then thats what it takes. It wouldnt just be me though, id have 29,999,999 other people who would possibly want the same thing.

Look this is a discussion.... I get that you want people to vote and that you would support making it mandatory..... my opinion doesnt match yours and because of this you may possibly think im deluded or miseducated?
But you said it yourself- you don't know what will happen. So it doesn't takes anything.
So suddenly those 29,999,999 people will get out of their couches? I doubt it. They didn't vote because they didn't care enough. Why would they care now?

no, because I get why are you desperate. I just think you manage your desperation wrongly, and the results of your non-action will make you even more desperate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2012, 10:37 AM
(09-12-2012 10:27 AM)shiranl Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 10:14 AM)bemore Wrote:  If thats what it takes then thats what it takes. It wouldnt just be me though, id have 29,999,999 other people who would possibly want the same thing.

But you said it yourself- you don't know what will happen. So it doesn't takes anything.
So suddenly those 29,999,999 people will get out of their couches? I doubt it. They didn't vote because they didn't care enough. Why would they care now?

no, because I get why are you desperate. I just think you manage your desperation wrongly, and the results of your non-action will make you even more desperate.
Well it depends on the reasons why they didnt vote. If they were simply too lazy to care/vote then yeah I would agree with you that nothing would change.

However if the people dont vote because they have no faith in the current system, then I think this would cause ripples as people discuss it more and more.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-12-2012, 10:42 AM
what do you think the reason is, than?
09-12-2012, 10:54 AM
I think you will allways have a percentage that dont vote out of simple laziness. I find it hard to imagine that is the only reason though why numbers are dropping the way they are. If it is the case then that is quite worrying Confused

I think peoples might just be disillusioned by the whole system, since the internet has been around people have more access to more information and people are beginning to see a different side to how the world is run.

I dont know, it could be a multitude of reasons and none of the above.

I presume your from the states shirani... what have the numbers been like over their for voting? Are they consistent?

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm from Israel, the vote rate dropped in the elections of 1999, 2003 and 2006. In 2009 it went up a little bit.
09-12-2012, 11:37 AM
(09-12-2012 11:12 AM)shiranl Wrote:  I'm from Israel, the vote rate dropped in the elections of 1999, 2003 and 2006. In 2009 it went up a little bit.
Sorry I just presumed you were from America.

Have you any idea why numbers may have dropped in your country?

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Don't be sorry, I take it as a compliment on my English skills Tongue

desperation, I think.
09-12-2012, 12:24 PM
(09-12-2012 09:43 AM)shiranl Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 09:26 AM)bemore Wrote:  If 50% of my countries population dont vote (approx 30 million people) I would ask why this was the case and what implications would it have in the future of voting.

If 30 million people are unhappy with the system, then that could be the beginning of a change in the system.
50% is not 47%, 50% I could somehow accept since it is not a minority.

And it is good you'll ask those questions. Now, tell me- who will do the change? the minority's government which benefits from the current system? or the people who sat on their couches when their government was hijacked from them?
The people who sat on their couches gave away their government; no one hijacked it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-12-2012, 12:45 PM
(09-12-2012 08:05 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 08:02 AM)Humakt Wrote:  I think your kinda missing that to abstain is still voting.
The absence of a vote is not a vote.
Contradiction is not an arguement.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.