Natufian culture, debunking creation myths

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Natufian culture, debunking creation myths
The Natufian culture was an Epipaleolithic culture that existed from 13,000 to 9,800 B.C. in the Levant.

There are many Natufian archeological sites, among these are:

HaYonim Cave

Shuqba Cave

Beida

Jeita 2-3

Gobekli Tepe

There are commonalities in Natufian culture found throughout these sites such as:

The domestication of dogs and other animals.

A culture that gathered food and hunted numerous fish, fowl and various land animals.

Burial of their dead, with decorative jewelry buried with them, entire families with children and pets have been found buried in the graves at these sites.

The practicing of early religion, some of which consisted of ancestor worship as well as different varieties of religion as revealed at the site at Gobekli Tepe.

Evidence of the Proto-Afroasiatic language in use by the Natufians.

The Natufian’s suffered from all of the diseases one would expect from that time.

Just reading through this history of a Mesolithic people, one would be struck by just how divergent it is from the biblical creation myth, let’s look at the few I cited above:

If the garden of Eden were real, then domestication of animals would have been unnecessary, we’re talking Dr. Doolittle here where talking with animals is common. Sorry child, this never happened.

Hunting and gathering? Not in the Garden of Eden!

Burial of the dead?? Adam was immortal, no one died before the fall, yet there it is… Sorry child, this never happened.

The practicing of early religions? When we were talking to YHWH face to face? I think not! Guess what? The myth never happened.

Evidence of Proto-Afroasiatic language? Not before the Tower of Babel! Guess that busts that myth!

Evidence of disease before the time of Adam. This is pretty obvious, yes diseases existed in humans of that time period, most never saw their 40th birthday, child mortality was quite high, and life was hard, brutal and mercifully short.

It’s obvious why the fundamentalist is forced to deny basic science; it defies every biblical fantasy at the most basic level. You simply have to stop believing scientific evidence to go on believing your religious fantasy.

Let’s look at the breadth and depth of this scientific evidence. This is just one Mesolithic culture out of many. The archeological sites for the Natufian are over a dozen at least, the Natufians are one of 19 other cultures in that time frame (that we know of), each with numerous archeological sites.

We’re dealing with well over 100 different sites, investigated by numerous scientists from numerous time frames and numerous nationalities and religions. Some of the best sites have been dug up by Israeli archeologists, they are obviously aware of their creation myths, but the integrity of their work does not allow for their religious bias to get in the way of evidence.

Each of these sites have had scientific investigations going back over 100 years where archeologists have dated the various remains and artifacts of these numerous cultures using numerous methods, not just carbon 14 dating.
Denial of C14 dating in no way lets the fundamentalist off of the hook, there are multiple dating methodologies that are used that reveal similar dates for the artifacts and remains at these sites.

I have just touched on one era here, the era around or just before the Adamic creation myth. Paleontologists can go back millions of years and find evidence of life, death and disease well before the advent of mankind without ever using the C14 dating method.

I don’t even think I’ve given a full presentation of the immense field of archeology and paleontology, you can spend a lifetime in one, specialized field of it, such as the Chalcolithic era of the Levant and it represents just the tip of the iceberg of scientific knowledge.

So when Ken Ham Laughat tells me he has a book, this is a child with a poor understanding of the world and he will never be taken as anything but a laughing stock.

Site at Gobekli Tepe, how did it survive the Noahtic flood?

[Image: G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe%2C_Urfa.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like TheInquisition's post
27-01-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Natufian culture, debunking creation myths
Great post!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Good evidence.

Too bad it's wasted on "believers".

When confronted with physical evidence that's credible and the off chance that the believer is going to heaven and getting to eat at the big people's table - the believer will hang on to the myth with the ferocity of a pit bull with a mouthful of steak......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
27-01-2015, 11:03 PM
Very interesting stuff, thanks for piquing my curiosity.

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo