Natural evil - whats the best theistic defence you have come across...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2014, 03:52 PM
RE: Natural evil - whats the best theistic defence you have come across...?
(20-01-2014 03:41 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 05:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  I have my reasons. But I don't want to share them with you. Not because I don't like you or that I think badly about you I just don't feel like to share it with you.

Why is it always the case that the answers to the most important questions asked are not honestly given? If I believed something in my heart was true, I would not have a problem listing any reasons that support my choice. WTF? We are all asking why we should respect your beliefs, so let us know why?

QFTMFT.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2014, 04:13 PM
(20-01-2014 02:17 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm still pretty much waiting for an answer. I hope you're not ignoring me, Alla.
She only replies when she feels like it Dodgy

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
20-01-2014, 05:00 PM
(20-01-2014 02:17 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm still pretty much waiting for an answer. I hope you're not ignoring me, Alla.
Sure, I won't ignore you.
(20-01-2014 02:17 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  If you don't believe my opinion to be true, explain why, because I presented an argument that you are refusing to address.
I said this:"yes, it does solve THIS problem but it doesn't solve another problem: you can not become all-knowing God".
You said:" And since when is that a prerequisite? Since when is that a problem? It's a problem that only exists in your worldview."
I said that I don't believe your opinion is true. Because millions of people say that they have the same worldview as I do. And I believe their word.

(20-01-2014 02:17 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  If suffering is needed to overcome suffering, God can simply take suffering out of the equation and all problems are solved. If there is no suffering to overcome, then no suffering is needed as a trial.
[/quote]
we don't overcome suffering for overcoming sake. We need suffering to overcome it. Why? This way we learn how to be more perfect. There is no other way to become perfect.
And it has to be our choice to become perfect or not.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
20-01-2014, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2014 05:21 PM by Alla.)
(19-01-2014 06:21 PM)viole Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 05:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe he will. He is so fallen he can't stop himself from doing evil.

Yes, and what could be more evil than messing up God's cosmic plan? This is the first thing I would do, if I were really evil and able to read prophecies and holy scriptures.

Imagine the scene: millions, billions of spiritual souls stranded. God, Jesus and Joseph Smith, on the PA: We are sorry, we cannot dispatch you to your next destination. Satan is on vacation for the next millions of trillion of years and because of that we cannot really test you.

I wonder if they would offer a drink for this particular inconvenience, LOL.

Alla, you seem to be a nice and good hearted girl with some glimpses of rationality. I have to ask the same question Chas asked: how can you believe any of this made up nonsense?

What is it, Alla, what is it? Did some rich polygamist from Utah promise you a better life than in Ukraine?

If that is the case, let me know. I will stop bothering you at once.

Ciao

- viole
I am glad that I answered all your questions.
Oh, and your last question.
A: yes, some rich polygamist from Utah offered me a better life than in Ukraine.Thumbsup
Oh, and one more thing: life in the USA for many Americans is worth than in Ukraine. Too much dependency on the government.
many Americans want to have here what Ukrainian people got rid off.
Do svidaniya,

podruga Viole.

20-01-2014, 05:08 PM
(20-01-2014 03:41 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 05:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  I have my reasons. But I don't want to share them with you. Not because I don't like you or that I think badly about you I just don't feel like to share it with you.

Why is it always the case that the answers to the most important questions asked are not honestly given? If I believed something in my heart was true, I would not have a problem listing any reasons that support my choice. WTF? We are all asking why we should respect your beliefs, so let us know why?

I never asked to respect my believes.
I only share with others what I believe and what you do with this is none of my business.
My reasons are important only to me.Smile

20-01-2014, 05:18 PM
(20-01-2014 05:00 PM)Alla Wrote:  we don't overcome suffering for overcoming sake. We need suffering to overcome it. Why? This way we learn how to be more perfect. There is no other way to become perfect.

Guess how I know you are making that bullshit up.

20-01-2014, 05:20 PM
(20-01-2014 05:18 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 05:00 PM)Alla Wrote:  we don't overcome suffering for overcoming sake. We need suffering to overcome it. Why? This way we learn how to be more perfect. There is no other way to become perfect.

Guess how I know you are making that bullshit up.

why don't you just tell me?

20-01-2014, 07:13 PM
(20-01-2014 05:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 05:18 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Guess how I know you are making that bullshit up.

why don't you just tell me?

You don't deny it at all.

20-01-2014, 10:12 PM
(20-01-2014 05:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  why don't you just tell me?
Hey please explain to me how lives are "redeemable" Consider

As i said earlier if If God can justify letting us suffer in this life by compensating us in the next life, then that ethical principle allows us to do the same thing

We can knowingly allow people to suffer even though we could help them, so long as we compensate them afterward for our inaction.

It should be morally justified to let people suffer as long as they can be "compensated" for their suffering.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
20-01-2014, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2014 11:56 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(20-01-2014 05:00 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 02:17 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  If you don't believe my opinion to be true, explain why, because I presented an argument that you are refusing to address.
I said this:"yes, it does solve THIS problem but it doesn't solve another problem: you can not become all-knowing God".
You said:" And since when is that a prerequisite? Since when is that a problem? It's a problem that only exists in your worldview."
I said that I don't believe your opinion is true. Because millions of people say that they have the same worldview as I do. And I believe their word.

News flash Alla. Back in the pre-scientific eras of man, when the vast majority of people on the planet believed the world was flat; that did not make the world any less spherical.

[Image: 017-Cant-even-get-that-right-650x305.jpg]

What you have is a logical fallacy known as an argumentum ad populum (argument from population). It's a fallacy because simple belief by the majority that something is true, does not by sole virtue of that majority opinion actually make it true. So yeah, this is why skeptics are not convinced when a sheep says she finds the presence of the herd good evidence for the beliefs of the herd...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post