Nature vs Nurture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: Nature vs Nurture
(21-05-2013 12:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 12:27 PM)I and I Wrote:  Define what you mean by "nature" "human nature"? "disease nature"? Can you even define what you are arguing for?

Drinking Beverage

Do you know what nature vs nurture means?

I know there is no such thing as "human nature" that exists solely or even motley without any influence from nature.

Do you know what you mean by "nature"? I am guessing you don't have a clue, because you probably have never been asked that question....welcome to philosophy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2013, 12:37 PM
(21-05-2013 12:34 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 12:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Do you know what nature vs nurture means?

I know there is no such thing as "human nature" that exists solely or even motley without any influence from nature.

Do you know what you mean by "nature"? I am guessing you don't have a clue, because you probably have never been asked that question....welcome to philosophy.

This isn't philosophy, this is someone who doesn't know what is meant by nature in the 'nature vs nurture' hypothesis.

Nature in this debate is your genetic make-up (which is why we are so interested in studying this phenomenon with identical twins but have to settle for mice) as well as the natural influences on your daily life that are NOT from your own species, that would be the nurture side of it.

There is nothing about anything you have said that makes any damn sense. It is nothing more than an attempt to baffle people with your bullshit to make yourself sound smart.

Evolve
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
21-05-2013, 12:44 PM
(21-05-2013 12:37 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 12:34 PM)I and I Wrote:  I know there is no such thing as "human nature" that exists solely or even motley without any influence from nature.

This isn't philosophy, this is someone who doesn't know what is meant by nature in the 'nature vs nurture' hypothesis.

Nature in this debate is your genetic make-up (which is why we are so interested in studying this phenomenon with identical twins but have to settle for mice) as well as the natural influences on your daily life that are NOT from your own species, that would be the nurture side of it.

There is nothing about anything you have said that makes any damn sense. It is nothing more than an attempt to baffle people with your bullshit to make yourself sound smart.

Everything you have mentioned so far is a result of evolution from things influencing other things and each other. Something being influenced by x isn't nature, just like your genetics are influenced by outside factors, like your parents genes. Evolution influences and changes genes as well.

DNA doesn't have a "nature" or a "natural state of existence" that isn't influenced by anything outside of it.
21-05-2013, 12:46 PM
(21-05-2013 12:44 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 12:37 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This isn't philosophy, this is someone who doesn't know what is meant by nature in the 'nature vs nurture' hypothesis.

Everything you have mentioned so far is a result of evolution from things influencing other things and each other. Something being influenced by x isn't nature, just like your genetics are influenced by outside factors, like your parents genes. Evolution influences and changes genes as well.

DNA doesn't have a "nature" or a "natural state of existence" that isn't influenced by anything outside of it.

"...is a result of evolution from things influencing other things and each other..."

So, nature.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
21-05-2013, 12:49 PM
(21-05-2013 12:46 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 12:44 PM)I and I Wrote:  Everything you have mentioned so far is a result of evolution from things influencing other things and each other. Something being influenced by x isn't nature, just like your genetics are influenced by outside factors, like your parents genes. Evolution influences and changes genes as well.

"...is a result of evolution from things influencing other things and each other..."

So, nature.

A thing being influenced by things outside of itself is nurture. You can't even define nature. DNA nature? When and how did DNA acquire a nature? the 80's? Rolleyes
21-05-2013, 12:50 PM
(21-05-2013 12:49 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 12:46 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "...is a result of evolution from things influencing other things and each other..."

So, nature.

A thing being influenced by things outside of itself is nurture. You can't even define nature. DNA nature? When and how did DNA acquire a nature? the 80's? Rolleyes

I should have known better than to think you would try to have a conversation. Fool me once...

Evolve
21-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Since I am an adoptive mother as well as a birth mother --- I say Nurture !!!

I don't know how much I buy into the genetic predisposition to diseases or how much is paranoia and medical hype. I say this because I have migraines... Only one in my family as far back as we know to get them.
I have a daughter with Thyroid cancer that is resistant to any treatment (so she will never be cured) she is the only one as far back as we can go to ever have thyroid cancer at all. I have another daughter who was born with an extra heart valve, then got a very rare brain tumor, and then as if that wasn't enough her capillaries in her knees just died and so her bones and cartridge did the same she needed donor knee surgery. so 3 things one child and again nothing even remotely similar in any of the family tree on either side. my other 2 birthed kids are fine no issues.

The things that do run in the family that are usually passed on (grandparents and before had) no one has gotten since. I dunno that any of that made sense --- it did in my own mind if that counts.... all the voices in there agree LOL

Wisdom from my eldest "Life's short... Get stoned!"
[Image: tumblr_m988n0gSY21r984nlo1_500.jpg]
21-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Yet again I and I shows he knows fuck all so resorts to gymnastics. Aww atleast hes trying that counts for something right guys?....guys?....anyone?....

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
21-05-2013, 04:46 PM
(21-05-2013 04:23 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Yet again I and I shows he knows fuck all so resorts to gymnastics. Aww atleast hes trying that counts for something right guys?....guys?....anyone?....

*crickets chirping*

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
21-05-2013, 05:01 PM
(21-05-2013 04:23 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Yet again I and I shows he knows fuck all so resorts to gymnastics. Aww atleast hes trying that counts for something right guys?....guys?....anyone?....

Remind me to never piss you off!!

Wisdom from my eldest "Life's short... Get stoned!"
[Image: tumblr_m988n0gSY21r984nlo1_500.jpg]