Nature vs Nurture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2013, 07:49 AM
RE: Nature vs Nurture
IandI, if you would bother to read what I linked you would not be asking this question.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2013, 08:49 AM
(08-06-2013 07:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  IandI, if you would bother to read what I linked you would not be asking this question.

Your link dealt with observable behaviors in most of the categories, only one deal with hormones and even according to your link ones sexual preference is a reaction to subconscious memories (in philosophy that is a priori), and a reaction to ones past subconscious is noted only due to an observable behavior, and this behavioral reaction to ones subconsciousness is not a determining factor. One can't monitor and measure pre-natal hormones and come up with conclusion that x will be gay when x matures, hence there is no way to prove that hormones are the main or the only deciding fator in whether or not someone is gay.

Our tastes in food is influenced by food that was eaten by our mothers when they were pregnant with us, this doesn't mean that one can determine before birth what foods preferences will have. Since our brains are not fully formed when born, (thats called throwing one over the plate for you guys) our brains are still getting influences from all over the place in or outside the womb.
08-06-2013, 09:00 AM
(08-06-2013 08:49 AM)I and I Wrote:  Since our brains are not fully formed when born, (thats called throwing one over the plate for you guys) our brains are still getting influences from all over the place in or outside the womb.

That is why I said initially that there is no such thing as nature OR nurture. It's always nature, chemical influences and nurture.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-06-2013, 09:10 AM
(08-06-2013 09:00 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 08:49 AM)I and I Wrote:  Since our brains are not fully formed when born, (thats called throwing one over the plate for you guys) our brains are still getting influences from all over the place in or outside the womb.

That is why I said initially that there is no such thing as nature OR nurture. It's always nature, chemical influences and nurture.

The thing about "subconscious" memories is that they are alway retroactively formed in the present and not the past. Someone tells as an adult you that x is a subconscious memory from your childhood, you then take this info in as an adult then form an opinion of it as an adult then and only then does that "subconscious memory" become an acting factor.

Drinking Beverage
08-06-2013, 09:38 AM
(08-06-2013 09:10 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 09:00 AM)Dom Wrote:  That is why I said initially that there is no such thing as nature OR nurture. It's always nature, chemical influences and nurture.

The thing about "subconscious" memories is that they are alway retroactively formed in the present and not the past. Someone tells as an adult you that x is a subconscious memory from your childhood, you then take this info in as an adult then form an opinion of it as an adult then and only then does that "subconscious memory" become an acting factor.

Drinking Beverage

I fail to see the relevance.

08-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Never mind...not worth it...

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Nature vs Nurture
(08-06-2013 09:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 09:10 AM)I and I Wrote:  The thing about "subconscious" memories is that they are alway retroactively formed in the present and not the past. Someone tells as an adult you that x is a subconscious memory from your childhood, you then take this info in as an adult then form an opinion of it as an adult then and only then does that "subconscious memory" become an acting factor.

Drinking Beverage

I fail to see the relevance.

A subconscious memory is only pointed out after the fact, then it is believed or not believed to exist. This belief in a subconscious memory and all of its cardinal points rearranges ones assemblages of beliefs as a whole. One could say that a nations glory is the culmination of a collective memory, then if this is believed, all beliefs about nation revolve around the new belief. Subconscious memories are formed in the present not the past.

In reality The present changes what one believes about the past simultaneously while one believes the opposite, that the past changes the future.

Let that rock around in your dome piece.