NazarethGate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2015, 05:35 PM
NazarethGate
This has got me really interested. Yeah, I'm about seven months into my atheism, so this may be something most Bible skeptics already know about.

One of the things that really made me question Christianity was the historicity of Jesus Christ. Now I'm finding out that that's just one of many historical problems the Bible has. The Bible is so unreliable historically it's just a mindfuck how the hell people take it seriously.

One of my atheist friends, Frank Zindler, has written tons about how places like Nazareth and Capernaum not even being real places at the time of at the alleged Jesus. He's written the forward to a new book by Rene Salme that gets into the bullshit historicity of Nazareth. Check it out:

NazarethGate: Quack Archeology, Holy Hoaxes, and the Invented Town of Jesus

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2015, 06:26 PM
RE: NazarethGate
While the Bible is indeed unreliable historically and has been demonstrated to be unusable has a historical source document for obvious reason, the mention of Nazareth has place of birth for the alledge Jesus isn't anachronic. While the town itself is three century older than Jesus himself, the valley of Nazareth from which the town derived its name was occupied by isolated hamlet for millenia before the construction of the town itself so its not impossible that Jesus was said to come from Nazareth the valley has opposed to the town. Despite this, most biblical historians consider the term «of Nazareth» to be a mistranslation of «the nazarene» the sect from which Jesus might have been part of.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
08-12-2015, 09:43 PM
Matthew states that Jesus was born in the days of Herod, who died in 4 BCE. Luke states that Mary was pregnant with Jesus during the census of Cyrenius around 6 CE.

It's stuff like this that reveals how contrived this story is. Whoever wrote Luke was trying to make their hero fit prophecy, and whoever wrote Matthew was trying to do the same thing, but they wrote contradictory stories, contradictory genealogies, etc. It's pretty obvious, only indoctrinated minds can't see this.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
08-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Where's mount Sinai?

Just doing a Hitchens. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-12-2015, 10:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UsFnWScv7w