Nazi Parade by School Children in Taiwan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2017, 07:06 AM
RE: Nazi Parade by School Children in Taiwan
I hope this doesn't go much fuhrer.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-01-2017, 07:07 AM
(15-01-2017 06:51 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  True enough.....

Your odds got exponentially worse if you had the misfortune of being taken prisoner by NAZIs -- if you were anything other than white, blue eyed and blonde haired........

The Vikings and Mongols on the other hand probably didn't give a shit... If you weren't on their side - you were fucked....

Edit to add --

And -- not every German was a NAZI - and a barbarian....

Vikings an Mongols rather define the term barbarian.........

---
You never saw a Viking florist, clock maker or brewmeister..... Germany was full of 'em...

Big Grin

You could be fucked even looking like Aryan ideal - The Hitler Book: The Secret Dossier Prepared for Stalin by Henrik Eberle and Matthias Uhl mentions Aryan looking Soviets being forced to carry ammo or do whatever shitty tasks that were required for battle going smoothly. It might have been better than starving to death in camp but it meant taking part in a fight against one countrymen. Treatment also wasn't something to sing songs about I guess.

As for Mongols being barbarians, they had sophisticated and surprisingly tolerant culture. They might have been ruthless in war, but peace time was another thing. At least according to Stanisław Kałużyński Mongols of Old. Know too little about Vikings to meaningfully comment but I doubt that their portrayal in popular culture is 100% true.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
15-01-2017, 07:18 AM
(15-01-2017 07:04 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 02:11 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I did Nazi that coming..... Sorry I'll show myself out.

That's all reich, heil just pretend I didn't see it.

It was Eva thus. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2017, 12:08 PM
Confused

And the British royal family goes back to is roots?

[Image: gHjZlHE.jpg]

Prince Harry has apologised for wearing a swastika armband
to a friend's fancy dress party. Clarence House issued a statement
in response to a photograph published on the front page of the
Sun newspaper under the headline, "Harry the Nazi". It read:
"Prince Harry has apologised for any offence or embarrassment
he has caused. He realises it was a poor choice of costume."

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
15-01-2017, 12:45 PM
It's easier to alter the meaning of something than to erase it. Kids wearing this stuff as a game is exactly what we want. It saps the credibility of those who are actually serious about it. If there is no indication that they were actually practicing or sympathizing with Nazi ideologies, then everyone is overreacting.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
15-01-2017, 01:36 PM
(15-01-2017 12:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's easier to alter the meaning of something than to erase it. Kids wearing this stuff as a game is exactly what we want. It saps the credibility of those who are actually serious about it. If there is no indication that they were actually practicing or sympathizing with Nazi ideologies, then everyone is overreacting.

I kind of lean toward this.
Learning is often a peculiar, round-about thing and people learn at an accelerated rate by active participation.

Is this Nazi parade any different than a group of civil war reinactors getting together on the weekend? How about a school play of Henry V?

History has death & cruelty in it. Avoiding those parts won't make it go away. In fact, it just might influence change.

Does anyone play "cowboys & indians" anymore ... especially now that it's pretty vague as to who exactly "the bad guy" was in that relationship?

History too, is a peculiar, round-about thing. Shy
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
15-01-2017, 01:37 PM
(15-01-2017 03:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 03:02 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I expect almost everyone to be familiar with such event as WWII, but it may be my focus on history speaking. Consequences of this war were felt in many places on the globe after all.

As for myth - here too it is significant and mixed with yearning for utopia which pre war Poland supposedly was (it really, really wasn't).

Even in that it pales in comparison to the seminal catastrophe that was The Great War. Almost the entirety of the bedrock of the Second World War was laid by the ending of the first. But ever here, from an American perspective, it is the later war whose influence and importance holds sway. Why? Because the United States wasn't a deciding factor in First World War, nor was it a fight against a opponent so easily labeled as 'evil'. There was no Pearl Harbor, no storming of Normandy, no Auschwitz, no Manhattan Project; only the messy web of alliances, the failing and decrepit monarchies, and the bombed out muddy ruin of the Somme. In the United States at least, it is WWII that hold almost all of the cultural cache, while it's precursor is relegated to obscure history.

WW I led to second one, but it can be argued than WW II led to Cold War which too was not insignificant event.

Numbers - admittedly taken from shady internet sites - show that WW II was costlier: nearly 186 billions vs 1.075 trillion. Death toll was greater in WW II: 18 millions versus 50 to 80 million in second war.

WW I ended belle époque and lead to rebirth of nations and fall of empires, but WW II had something to do with ending colonial rule (even if that something was nothing more than beating taken during the war itself) and heralded the split of the world into two camps and birth of two superpowers. I wouldn't call WW I more important, but I see how one can arrive to such opinion.

Concerning mythical aspect WW I is somewhat remembered in Poland as this is when II RP was born. There was even surge of interest in 2014 if memory don't fails me. Overall though I would say that WW II reign supreme in realm of national imagination as it has all that audience wants - hopeless last stand, doomed moral victor, treacherous allies, bloodthirsty and thoroughly evil enemy, martyrdom at field of battle and bittersweet "victory".

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
15-01-2017, 01:45 PM
(15-01-2017 01:36 PM)kim Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 12:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's easier to alter the meaning of something than to erase it. Kids wearing this stuff as a game is exactly what we want. It saps the credibility of those who are actually serious about it. If there is no indication that they were actually practicing or sympathizing with Nazi ideologies, then everyone is overreacting.

I kind of lean toward this.
Learning is often a peculiar, round-about thing and people learn at an accelerated rate by active participation.

Is this Nazi parade any different than a group of civil war reinactors getting together on the weekend? How about a school play of Henry V?

History has death & cruelty in it. Avoiding those parts won't make it go away. In fact, it just might influence change.

Does anyone play "cowboys & indians" anymore ... especially now that it's pretty vague as to who exactly "the bad guy" was in that relationship?

History too, is a peculiar, round-about thing. Shy

I thinks it is the case of time healing wounds - dress as a Roman legionary and no one bats an eye (or maybe not), dress as a Nazi and expect some reaction from people who lived back then. Nazism is still alive in cultural memory and still has power to cause harm especially when considering political climate in some countries. With that in mind I don't really see reason for Nazi parades, even one designed to mock. I'm all for studying the Nazism though, one has to understand past in order to not fall in same shackles again.

Mikhail Bakunin.
15-01-2017, 01:47 PM
At some point we're going to admit that those outfits were really cute.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
15-01-2017, 01:54 PM
(15-01-2017 01:47 PM)ImFred Wrote:  At some point we're going to admit that those outfits were really cute.

Well, even derivative Hugo Boss ... is Hugo Boss. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein