Nazi alert and other people's reactions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2012, 05:13 PM
RE: Nazi alert and other people's reactions
(28-12-2012 09:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, we could debate this for years, which I am not about to do. I was just curious.

IMO you still fail to understand human nature.
Yeah, we could debate, but I always prefer we move somewhere with each post.
I see such a variety of types of people that what you describe as a human nature isn't a majority at all. It just doesn't fit, what you say. I think you'd benefit from some falsification of your worldview.
You seem to me focused on one particular class of people, which is much unlike most of people I know. I come from a broad loose group of spiritual folks. They're not intellectuals, but they're not crude people either. And they don't suppress any natural wild instincts, we naturally sit and sing Kum Ba Yah (proverbially, in fact, we sing mantras). They're not exceptions, local halls of spiritual lecturers hold hundreds of them at a time. I don't know where you got the extensive life experience you have, but as my people would say, we attract people that we resonate with.

Let me ask you, if you got to know such people personally (call it evidence), would you change your opinion on human nature? Not that spiritual stuff, but that human nature is to adopt any nature we grow into.

(28-12-2012 09:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  You bring a billion people on board, then ask me to join and I'll have another look at how it's panning out.

My bet is that you can't get a billion. And that is simply because the world is not ready for world peace.
Do you realize how absurd that sounds? It means nothing, changes nothing. What are we supposed to do, if not peace? Are we supposed to stop and wait till we're evolved and to print more money to have something to play with until then? What does it mean that a world is not ready for world peace? What are we ready for and who decides that, how do we know? Were we ready for women's voting rights, for the end of apartheid, for legalization of gay marriage? We certainly weren't ready to end the slavery, there was a freakin' dozen or so American states in which it worked quite nicely. It took a freakin' bloody civil war to make them stop. Would you tell Grant, Lincoln and Darwin (anti-slavery activist himself), wait, we're not evolved enough to stop slavery? Would you tell George Washington and Thomas Jefferson that we're not evolved enough to live without the supervision of the British Empire? What about the nuclear bomb, should we consult our evolution experts before developing this technology? As I said, it's absurd, we got to do what we have to do.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nazi alert and other people's reactions - Luminon - 28-12-2012 05:13 PM