Neanderthal x human

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Neanderthal x human
http://www.livescience.com/28270-neander...st-popular

Quote:The skeletal remains of an individual living in northern Italy 40,000-30,000 years ago are believed to be that of a human/Neanderthal hybrid, according to a paper in PLoS ONE.

If further analysis proves the theory correct, the remains belonged to the first known such hybrid, providing direct evidence that humans and Neanderthals interbred. Prior genetic research determined the DNA of people with European and Asian ancestry is 1 to 4 percent Neanderthal.

The present study focuses on the individual’s jaw, which was unearthed at a rock-shelter called Riparo di Mezzena in the Monti Lessini region of Italy. Both Neanderthals and modern humans inhabited Europe at the time.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
17-10-2015, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 07:03 PM by Ted Tucker.)
RE: Neanderthal x human
(17-10-2015 05:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.livescience.com/28270-neander...st-popular

Quote:The skeletal remains of an individual living in northern Italy 40,000-30,000 years ago are believed to be that of a human/Neanderthal hybrid, according to a paper in PLoS ONE.

If further analysis proves the theory correct, the remains belonged to the first known such hybrid, providing direct evidence that humans and Neanderthals interbred. Prior genetic research determined the DNA of people with European and Asian ancestry is 1 to 4 percent Neanderthal.

The present study focuses on the individual’s jaw, which was unearthed at a rock-shelter called Riparo di Mezzena in the Monti Lessini region of Italy. Both Neanderthals and modern humans inhabited Europe at the time.

I strongly recommend Svante Paabo book on the sequencing of the Neanderthal genome. Great read! Almost everyone on the planet living outside of Africa has Neanderthal DNA as a result of the interbreeding of our ancestors(leaky replacement). I had my genome done and I have about 3% Neanderthal Ancestry, although my wife thinks it's quite a bit more.Big Grin

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like Ted Tucker's post
17-10-2015, 06:12 PM
The existence of Australians proves this to be a fact! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
17-10-2015, 06:28 PM
(17-10-2015 05:44 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 05:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.livescience.com/28270-neander...st-popular

I strongly recommend Svante Paabo book on the mapping of the Neanderthal genome. Great read! Everyone living outside of Africa has Neanderthal DNA as a result of the interbreeding of our ancestors(leaky replacement). I had my genome done and I have about 3% Neanderthal Ancestry, although my wife thinks it's quite a bit more.Big Grin

I do as well -- I was rather surprised. There was also a pretty good documentary that was streaming on Netflix.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-10-2015, 07:38 PM
We've known about the Neandertal DNA in (especially European) populations for quite some time; the evidence is simply getting more robust. What's funny to me is that it flies directly in the face of the "master race" proponents of White Supremacy. The only "true" modern humans, with no bloodline-taint, come from sub-Saharan Africa.

For some reason, this fact makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I like seeing Klansmen smacked down by facts. Big Grin

My favorite recent find is the discovery that DNA sequenced from early Cro Magnon man showed that there were no white people in ancient Europe; the genes for "whiteness" did not mutate into present Caucasian form until a maximum of 20,000 years ago, and probably more recently than that (new estimates place it no earlier than 8000 years ago!), along with the ability to digest lactose in milk. A wave of migrations into Europe from the east and the Scandinavian regions rapidly placed selection pressure on the genes for skin tone and diet-compatibility in most Europeans, perhaps as recently as 6500-2500 BCE.

In short, Europe was settled by black people, and only much later did they become light-skinned and pale-haired.

http://news.sciencemag.org/archaeology/2...white-skin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 9 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-10-2015, 07:58 PM
(17-10-2015 07:38 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  We've known about the Neandertal DNA in (especially European) populations for quite some time; the evidence is simply getting more robust. What's funny to me is that it flies directly in the face of the "master race" proponents of White Supremacy. The only "true" modern humans, with no bloodline-taint, come from sub-Saharan Africa.

For some reason, this fact makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I like seeing Klansmen smacked down by facts. Big Grin

My favorite recent find is the discovery that DNA sequenced from early Cro Magnon man showed that there were no white people in ancient Europe; the genes for "whiteness" did not mutate into present Caucasian form until a maximum of 20,000 years ago, and probably more recently than that (new estimates place it no earlier than 8000 years ago!), along with the ability to digest lactose in milk. A wave of migrations into Europe from the east and the Scandinavian regions rapidly placed selection pressure on the genes for skin tone and diet-compatibility in most Europeans, perhaps as recently as 6500-2500 BCE.

In short, Europe was settled by black people, and only much later did they become light-skinned and pale-haired.

http://news.sciencemag.org/archaeology/2...white-skin

What you say regarding Master races and the like is very interesting. And true of attitudes and the facts.

For example, a white musician may decide to study samba from Brasil or Afro Cuban styles and the natives with say "You whites come to steal our music and take it home to make money."

What is so funny is that the instruments and scales often originated in Europe. The timbales are derived from the timpany. The Cuban tres guitar is derived from the European guitar. Hell the tambourine can be traced back over 5000 years! Imagine how many cultures that has seen? The Arabic riq, Brasilian pandeiro, the classical version etc etc.

But no, if someone from another culture learns some music from another culture, they are stealing.

The thing is music has always been global where people could meet and share it. The Australian aboriginals possibly had no chance of that for 50,000 to 60,000 years. But that is a case of isolation more than anything else.

Any idea of master race or superior race falls apart as soon as one looks at music alone.

Years ago I had a great Fishbone T shirt. It said "Racism sucks". How true!

Also again, welcome back Rocket. I missed you terribly.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
17-10-2015, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 08:42 PM by Ted Tucker.)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gW-0by_hZYI&feature=share

We are all Africans. There is more genetic variation between two bands of our chimpanzee cousins living only 200 miles apart than there is between any two humans on the planet. The amount of melanin in your skin is a very very poor indicator of genetic variation. Race as it is defined for Homo Sapiens is only a social construct that comes from ignorance and fear, it has almost nothing to do with biology.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like Ted Tucker's post
18-10-2015, 12:02 AM
Long as you fuckers aren't coming back to charge rent Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-10-2015, 06:08 AM
(17-10-2015 07:38 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ...
The only "true" modern humans, with no bloodline-taint, come from sub-Saharan Africa.

I have a pet theory that the Neanderthal were the master race.

We're all descended from the slave race and we have their DNA in us ... Jefferson style.

Then the slaves turned on their masters and fucked them back.

And we've had delusions of superiority ever since.

Yes

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-10-2015, 07:46 AM
Well then the "master race" made some really crappy Mousterian flint tools, not much better than those we've found 3.3 million years ago in Kenya among our meter-tall ancestors. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post