Neanderthal x human

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: Neanderthal x human
I thought this was a new find in addition to the child until I clicked the link.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2015, 03:08 PM
(17-10-2015 07:38 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  We've known about the Neandertal DNA in (especially European) populations for quite some time; the evidence is simply getting more robust. What's funny to me is that it flies directly in the face of the "master race" proponents of White Supremacy. The only "true" modern humans, with no bloodline-taint, come from sub-Saharan Africa.

For some reason, this fact makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I like seeing Klansmen smacked down by facts. Big Grin

My favorite recent find is the discovery that DNA sequenced from early Cro Magnon man showed that there were no white people in ancient Europe; the genes for "whiteness" did not mutate into present Caucasian form until a maximum of 20,000 years ago, and probably more recently than that (new estimates place it no earlier than 8000 years ago!), along with the ability to digest lactose in milk. A wave of migrations into Europe from the east and the Scandinavian regions rapidly placed selection pressure on the genes for skin tone and diet-compatibility in most Europeans, perhaps as recently as 6500-2500 BCE.

In short, Europe was settled by black people, and only much later did they become light-skinned and pale-haired.

http://news.sciencemag.org/archaeology/2...white-skin

Quite true... A part of this I find fun -- is it qualifies EVERYONE to put down "African American" on the next census form....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-10-2015, 06:34 PM
(18-10-2015 03:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 07:38 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  We've known about the Neandertal DNA in (especially European) populations for quite some time; the evidence is simply getting more robust. What's funny to me is that it flies directly in the face of the "master race" proponents of White Supremacy. The only "true" modern humans, with no bloodline-taint, come from sub-Saharan Africa.

For some reason, this fact makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I like seeing Klansmen smacked down by facts. Big Grin

My favorite recent find is the discovery that DNA sequenced from early Cro Magnon man showed that there were no white people in ancient Europe; the genes for "whiteness" did not mutate into present Caucasian form until a maximum of 20,000 years ago, and probably more recently than that (new estimates place it no earlier than 8000 years ago!), along with the ability to digest lactose in milk. A wave of migrations into Europe from the east and the Scandinavian regions rapidly placed selection pressure on the genes for skin tone and diet-compatibility in most Europeans, perhaps as recently as 6500-2500 BCE.

In short, Europe was settled by black people, and only much later did they become light-skinned and pale-haired.

http://news.sciencemag.org/archaeology/2...white-skin

Quite true... A part of this I find fun -- is it qualifies EVERYONE to put down "African American" on the next census form....

Big Grin

[Image: 6316m14zn0v9yh2vxpayb9k12.1000x618x1.png]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
18-10-2015, 07:50 PM
(18-10-2015 03:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Quite true... A part of this I find fun -- is it qualifies EVERYONE to put down "African American" on the next census form....
Except those of us who aren't Americans at all. I've never been to that continent.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
21-10-2015, 02:42 AM
(18-10-2015 07:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(18-10-2015 03:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Quite true... A part of this I find fun -- is it qualifies EVERYONE to put down "African American" on the next census form....
Except those of us who aren't Americans at all. I've never been to that continent.

I was just about to say the same Rolleyes
I'm one of those blond haired, ghostly-white, european mutants too. But still proud of my african roots, even if they are distant Big Grin
21-10-2015, 06:21 AM
The whole of the declaring oneself to be a particular "race" -- isn't really about geography -- it's more about time.

That is -- you're not really saying anything about where your ancestors are from ---- you're just picking a particular time in history and saying your ancestors were "there" (where ever) and that's where you came from ...... But -- if you were to continue back in time you'd find that the "there" you picked was just a place your ancestor ended up in. They came from someplace else.

We're all immigrants - all through time.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post