Near Death Experiences

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2016, 07:10 AM
RE: Near Death Experiences
I nearly died three times and the only thing I remember is nil.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
21-05-2016, 07:46 AM
(21-05-2016 07:10 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I nearly died three times and the only thing I remember is nil.

I knew it!

That's all the proof for nihilism I need.

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
21-05-2016, 08:08 AM
(21-05-2016 07:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 07:10 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I nearly died three times and the only thing I remember is nil.

I knew it!

That's all the proof for nihilism I need.

Big Grin

bwhahahaha.... why not... religious people take some other dipshits word. Tongue

21-05-2016, 08:20 AM
this reminds me of an episode of voyager. neelix is dead for a minute or so (i forget why), then when he is revived he says that he saw nothing. he realizes that all the stories of an afterlife that his people had been taught are probably bullshit. i remember thinking "wow, this is pretty deep for a neelix episode!"
[+] 4 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
21-05-2016, 08:28 AM
(21-05-2016 08:20 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  this reminds me of an episode of voyager. neelix is dead for a minute or so (i forget why), then when he is revived he says that he saw nothing. he realizes that all the stories of an afterlife that his people had been taught are probably bullshit. i remember thinking "wow, this is pretty deep for a neelix episode!"

I really liked the Neelix character because he represented experienced naivety. He had experience being out and about the galaxy and yet still so much naivety about beings and their agendas. Very analogical of many human beings, including myself. I think he demonstrated, without knocking you in the head with it, that people basically see others as they see themselves and that it's an untruth. It can also be dangerous.

It sounds kind of cynical but I think that's why I liked him. I learned too, that you just can't judge people by your own behaviors. I still do and I'm always surprised when someone acts badly towards others but I don't take it as hard or as personally anymore.

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
21-05-2016, 08:32 AM
(21-05-2016 08:20 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  this reminds me of an episode of voyager. neelix is dead for a minute or so (i forget why), then when he is revived he says that he saw nothing. he realizes that all the stories of an afterlife that his people had been taught are probably bullshit. i remember thinking "wow, this is pretty deep for a neelix episode!"

[geekmode]He was hit by an energy discharge on an away mission collecting protomatter and was dead for a lot longer than that (17 hours if I remember right).[/geekmode]

They had a lot of digs at religion which is part of why I liked the series.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
21-05-2016, 08:36 AM
(21-05-2016 08:32 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

[geekmode]He was hit by an energy discharge on an away mission collecting protomatter and was dead for a lot longer than that (17 hours if I remember right).[/geekmode]

They had a lot of digs at religion which is part of why I liked the series.

ha! yeah my voyager knowlege is a bit rusty. i watched it when it originally aired but havent rewatched it since. more of a tng/ds9 fan.
21-05-2016, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 09:37 AM by dancefortwo.)
NDE's can be induced under certain conditions. When astronauts used to train in those centrifuge machines back in the earlier days of NASA the high rate of spinning the astronaut around would pull the blood out of vital areas of the brain and most astronauts would have near death experiences.

I guess they still train in them today. This video is 8 G's . I'd need a barf bag......several barf bags.

Someone mentioned in the comments that the G forces are being placed on his chest and not his head. This is closer to an actual space launch. Nasa may have changed the centrifuge machines from the earlier days which may have placed more G's on the head area.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
21-05-2016, 09:53 AM
My mother had an apparent NDE in the 60's. She was in the process of giving birth to my younger brother and there were complications. She heard the doctor saying she was gone, then she found herself "floating" above the bed looking down at the doctors and nurses working frantically to bring her back. She saw the "bright light" and headed towards it, then some voice said, no, not now... She woke up next day with her new baby and the doc explained how they nearly lost her. She doesn't say much about her beliefs but she stopped going to church after that. As for my younger brother ..... he's still a fucking handful. Tongue

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
21-05-2016, 10:07 AM
(21-05-2016 09:53 AM)Marozz Wrote:  My mother had an apparent NDE in the 60's. She was in the process of giving birth to my younger brother and there were complications. She heard the doctor saying she was gone, then she found herself "floating" above the bed looking down at the doctors and nurses working frantically to bring her back. She saw the "bright light" and headed towards it, then some voice said, no, not now... She woke up next day with her new baby and the doc explained how they nearly lost her. She doesn't say much about her beliefs but she stopped going to church after that. As for my younger brother ..... he's still a fucking handful. Tongue

I wonder, if right after she was revived if someone offered the doctor a medicine (say something to restart her heart or something) he'd asked for but then he saw she was back and he said, "no, not now" and she remembers that.

I roused up during anesthesia once and I remember hearing the people talking. I said something but I don't remember what and the doc said, give her a bit more. lol

I have never spoken with or had the opportunity to question anyone who had a NDE. Are all of them believers in afterlife after their experience? Were they before or no?

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post