Near Death/Out of body experiences.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2015, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2015 07:51 AM by jennybee.)
RE: Near Death/Out of body experiences.
I really liked The Soul Fallacy by Julien Musolino (a cognitive scientist). I think that book would help counteract some of the woo your wife is getting from her church.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2015, 06:14 PM
(21-10-2015 09:22 PM)Saucy Jack Wrote:  I used to lucid dream quite frequently. This sometimes occurred during sleep paralysis where i was able to "slide out of my body" and go about the business of lucid dreaming. I dont consider it actual out of body experience. I was dreaming.

Lucky for me my sleep paralysis was fun. Havent been able to lucid dream for over 5 years now, unfortunately.

I lucid dream frequently with Seroquel. It's always a vivid dream even if it's not always lucid. Chantix also made me lucid and vivid dream.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-10-2015, 06:23 PM
(22-10-2015 06:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 09:22 PM)Saucy Jack Wrote:  I used to lucid dream quite frequently. This sometimes occurred during sleep paralysis where i was able to "slide out of my body" and go about the business of lucid dreaming. I dont consider it actual out of body experience. I was dreaming.

Lucky for me my sleep paralysis was fun. Havent been able to lucid dream for over 5 years now, unfortunately.

I lucid dream frequently with Seroquel. It's always a vivid dream even if it's not always lucid. Chantix also made me lucid and vivid dream.

I get the same with seroquel, also the dreams remain very clear to me hours after waking.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
22-10-2015, 06:26 PM
(22-10-2015 06:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(22-10-2015 06:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I lucid dream frequently with Seroquel. It's always a vivid dream even if it's not always lucid. Chantix also made me lucid and vivid dream.

I get the same with seroquel, also the dreams remain very clear to me hours after waking.

Yup.

#sigh
22-10-2015, 11:00 PM
I have not had a dream in decades. The last one was really quite good though, literally a trip down the rabbit hole.
01-11-2015, 03:13 PM
(22-10-2015 06:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(22-10-2015 06:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I lucid dream frequently with Seroquel. It's always a vivid dream even if it's not always lucid. Chantix also made me lucid and vivid dream.

The weird thing with the sleep paralysis lucid dreams is they would always start in the bed and in the room i was actually sleeping in.

I had a short period of lucid dream last night. Not the "out of body" kind but where i realised mid dream.

I thought my post on this hadnt appeared. This forum doesnt let you see how many pages are in a thread.
[+] 1 user Likes Saucy Jack's post
02-11-2015, 07:38 AM
Why is it that Christians never meet Muhammad, or Muslims meet Jesus, or Jews meet Guru Nanak?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
02-11-2015, 10:47 AM

I had the same. The "night terrors" were no fun but I enjoy lucid dreamimg. I remember once I had a dream were I "slid outta my body" and I was floating up towards the ceiling. My face was close to the wall and I could clearly see the wallpaper motief. I remember laughing and thinking that this was great fun, then I woke up. I suppose this is what some people would call an OBE but it was just a dream.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post