Near-record protests break out in Romania on month after government takes office

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 12:50 AM
Near-record protests break out in Romania on month after government takes office
In Romania, protests not seen since the Revolution have broken out, with tens of thousands of Romanians taking to the streets in response to an emergency decree passed by the government made to 'combat prison overcrowding' which had the effect of decriminalising and pardoning all former government officials (among others) convicted of corruption charges totalling less than 44000 Euros in damages.

Critics of the government have accused the Prime Minister of enacting the measure to release political allies from prison.

Good on you, people of Romania. Keep up the good fight.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
02-02-2017, 02:25 AM
RE: Near-record protests break out in Romania on month after government takes office
And this is how suspicious laws should be opposed - government need to be reminded that it is servant of the people, nothing more.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
02-02-2017, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2017 02:51 AM by Deesse23.)
RE: Near-record protests break out in Romania on month after government takes office
My co workers in Romania have already predicted this after the earth shattering victory of the left party in the election in November/December.

I was however confused to see some vids on their FB pages of crowds gathering on town squares and people waving romanian flags lately. Laugh out load

Vlad would know what to do with corrupt government trying to Evil_monster

Good luck to those guys. Although i was only shortly there i came to love the people and the country (Transylvania at least).

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
02-02-2017, 05:09 AM
Romania. Always with the great allies.

[Image: 616f80aa0dc73676c9d5aaa75763e9ee.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
04-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Update:

Romanian Prime Minister Sorin Grindeanu has announced that the government will repeal the controversial decree after five consecutive days of pressure from protesters and political opponents.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38868736

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
04-02-2017, 10:21 PM
Guess the pro's of letting their buddies out of prisons didn't outweigh the whole not getting killed by an angry mob thing.

Good on ya Romania, you might be a shitty country but at least you're not American shitty.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
05-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Romania ftw! Bowing

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
05-02-2017, 11:30 AM
I love Romania. Was there long ago when it was part of the east block. Some of the highlights of my trip there:

The Danube delta is just gorgeous (albeit it was riddled with mosquitos).

Those were bad days there, at first I couldn't figure out why people were pressing pieces of paper with notes into my hand - then I realized they were names of medicines and names and addresses.
I collected them and back in Munich I went to the international Pharmacy there and showed them. They knew all about it and said they would take care of it.

The people were really nice and smart, too.

Police however - they grabbed my brother and took him to a translator who told him to tuck his shirt in. Then they brought him back. Tongue

An older lady invited us for coffee and put us right to work. Smile My brother had to manually grind coffee beans, I had to set the table, and bro's GF had to fill the sugar bowl and milk boat etc. while she heated the water. It was funny, everyone was put to work right away. We didn't even know her. Smile She was da boss!

Anyway, glad to see them standing up for themselves. the people back then who needed meds are surely not around anymore, but boy, would they ever be proud to see this.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Hope the people don't back down. This could even inspire us here in the US ... we need all the Hope we can get. Shy

Hmm... Consider I might check with Vera to see her perspective on the situation there.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-02-2017, 12:10 PM
(05-02-2017 11:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  I love Romania. Was there long ago when it was part of the east block. Some of the highlights of my trip there:

The Danube delta is just gorgeous (albeit it was riddled with mosquitos).

Those were bad days there, at first I couldn't figure out why people were pressing pieces of paper with notes into my hand - then I realized they were names of medicines and names and addresses.
I collected them and back in Munich I went to the international Pharmacy there and showed them. They knew all about it and said they would take care of it.

The people were really nice and smart, too.

Police however - they grabbed my brother and took him to a translator who told him to tuck his shirt in. Then they brought him back. Tongue

An older lady invited us for coffee and put us right to work. Smile My brother had to manually grind coffee beans, I had to set the table, and bro's GF had to fill the sugar bowl and milk boat etc. while she heated the water. It was funny, everyone was put to work right away. We didn't even know her. Smile She was da boss!

Anyway, glad to see them standing up for themselves. the people back then who needed meds are surely not around anymore, but boy, would they ever be proud to see this.

That's interesting. I only know that they were under Nicolae Ceausescu who they killed Mussolini-style.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post