Neat statue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Neat statue
I just bought this statue. It's a modern interpretation of the famous 19th-century piece "Affe mit Schädel" (Ape with Skull) by the German artist Hugo Rheinhold. The original is bronze, this one is cold cast bronze, meaning that it is bronze powder suspended in resin. I actually like this version better than the original. I believe it is a little over 7 in (17.78 cm) tall.

[Image: rohm.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like ghostexorcist's post
10-04-2014, 05:42 PM
RE: Neat statue
Nice. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
10-04-2014, 05:43 PM
That is so awesome!! Can I ask where you got it? I'd love to get one Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-04-2014, 05:46 PM
(10-04-2014 05:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  That is so awesome!! Can I ask where you got it? I'd love to get one Yes

I found it on ebay. It was listed as "Bronze Darwin's evolution trinket box bronze chimpanzee." The guy was selling it for $52, but I talked him down to $45 via the "best offer" button. I've seen the statue sell on other online stores for close to $60.
10-04-2014, 07:06 PM
This place is selling the statues. They need to learn the difference between a chimp and a monkey.

http://www.museumize.com/Philosophizing-...p/5672.htm
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
10-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Awesome, thanks buddy!! Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-04-2014, 07:30 PM
(10-04-2014 07:06 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  This place is selling the statues. They need to learn the difference between a chimp and a monkey.

http://www.museumize.com/Philosophizing-...p/5672.htm

Oh that's sweet! He could look great on my bookshelf!

He could got on the evolution shelf!

10-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Have you already received it yet, or just on order?

I'd love to know how it looks in person.

10-04-2014, 07:39 PM
(10-04-2014 07:32 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Have you already received it yet, or just on order?

I'd love to know how it looks in person.

I just ordered it. The statue should arrive by the 16th. I'll take pictures of it so others can see what it looks like up close. By the way, I found an art paper that describes the original. Members may find it interesting since the statue is viewed by some to be a clash between religion and science. See the attachment.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Hugo Rheinhold's Philosophizing Monkey - A modern Owl of Minerva.pdf (Size: 268.14 KB / Downloads: 50)
16-04-2014, 10:03 AM
UPS tried to deliver the statue, but I'm still at school. Hopefully I will be at home when they try tomorrow.