Neat statue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2014, 01:05 PM
RE: Neat statue
Check out what I just found on my parent's bookshelf! It's not the exact same one, but it's similar.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2099]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
20-04-2014, 01:58 PM
(20-04-2014 01:05 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Check out what I just found on my parent's bookshelf! It's not the exact same one, but it's similar.

That's pretty neat. A high school friend of mine said that his mom has a similar statue. Mine was finally delivered on Friday. I'm quite pleased with it. The level of detail is amazing. Here are some pictures. My carpet is soft, so that's why it is leaning.

[Image: bjmu.jpg]
[Image: zmxp.jpg]
[Image: 49u4.jpg]
[Image: z7la.jpg]
[Image: t0qn.jpg]

The book on his lap has lines from Darwin's The Descent of Man (1871).

[Image: gvtk.jpg]
[Image: fu4f.jpg]

It's actually a box.

[Image: bubh.jpg]
[Image: bjxu.jpg]
[Image: qz3m.jpg]

These are lines from Darwin's On the Origin of Species (1859).

[Image: shbi.jpg]
[Image: 2fob.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
20-04-2014, 03:41 PM
(20-04-2014 01:58 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  It's actually a box.

You could hide your weed in there! Thumbsup
20-04-2014, 03:58 PM
(20-04-2014 01:58 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 01:05 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Check out what I just found on my parent's bookshelf! It's not the exact same one, but it's similar.

That's pretty neat. A high school friend of mine said that his mom has a similar statue. Mine was finally delivered on Friday. I'm quite pleased with it. The level of detail is amazing. Here are some pictures. My carpet is soft, so that's why it is leaning.

[Image: bjmu.jpg]
[Image: zmxp.jpg]
[Image: 49u4.jpg]
[Image: z7la.jpg]
[Image: t0qn.jpg]

The book on his lap has lines from Darwin's The Descent of Man (1871).

[Image: gvtk.jpg]
[Image: fu4f.jpg]

It's actually a box.

[Image: bjxu.jpg]
[Image: qz3m.jpg]

These are lines from Darwin's On the Origin of Species (1859).

[Image: shbi.jpg]
[Image: 2fob.jpg]

That's a pretty cool statue you have there, man.
I remember you had a cool looking notebook, still got it?

And to think, the only thing I'd want to buy off the internet would be this thing:
[Image: useless-box-fight-o.gif]
It's called the Useless Box, all it does is turn itself off when you turn it on.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Ooh - I like it very much! Smile
It's a much more explicit statement than the original Rheinhold piece... which was only just suggestive.
While yours is more chimp-like, the Rheinhold is more a suggestion of ape.
[Image: HugoRheinholdApeWithSkull.DarwinMonkey.4.jpg]
I don't know much about it but it might be possible Rheinhold may have been in a position to only be suggestive rather than explicit. His original looks to have included some torn bible pages and of course the "Darwin" written on a book spine.
I love that it's concept has been championed by other artists - they are all wonderful pieces! Thumbsup

Where you gonna display yours - home or office? It is a conversation starter.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-04-2014, 08:15 AM
(20-04-2014 03:41 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  You could hide your weed in there! Thumbsup

Well, since I'm aiming to be a super villain, I'd like to hook it up to a button that controls a trap door in the floor to dispatch my enemies. I'll attach a hinge to the top part, that way I can flip it open and hit the button inside.

(20-04-2014 03:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  That's a pretty cool statue you have there, man.
I remember you had a cool looking notebook, still got it?

[...]

I certainly do. I'll probably use it for taking field notes in my primatology class.

(20-04-2014 04:41 PM)kim Wrote:  Ooh - I like it very much! Smile
It's a much more explicit statement than the original Rheinhold piece... which was only just suggestive.
While yours is more chimp-like, the Rheinhold is more a suggestion of ape.

[...]

I don't know much about it but it might be possible Rheinhold may have been in a position to only be suggestive rather than explicit. His original looks to have included some torn bible pages and of course the "Darwin" written on a book spine.

I love that it's concept has been championed by other artists - they are all wonderful pieces! Thumbsup

Where you gonna display yours - home or office? It is a conversation starter.

I'm pretty sure the art paper I attached on a previous page mentions the conflict between religion and science.

Mine is currently sitting on my TV stand. I'll have to find a better place for it in the future. Please refer back to my comment about the trap door.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user