Necromancy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2011, 02:09 AM
Necromancy
I've been thinking for a while, but what if Jesus was actually a necromancer? I mean...he did raise Lazarus and a few other people from the dead, and the whole Christian religion seems pretty obsessed with death. Just something to ponder about...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2011, 05:36 AM
RE: Necromancy
I love Necromancy, it the best school of magic with the best spells, like Finger of Death. Only, necromancy makes "walking dead", ghouls, zombies, skeletons, not living humans, you would need a cleric with the Conjuration (Healing) domain, so he can cast the Resurrection or Raise dead spells. So, no, Jesus could not be a Necromancer, if Lazarus was not a zombie or a ghoul.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
30-11-2011, 09:11 AM
(30-11-2011 02:09 AM)JingleBerry Wrote:  I've been thinking for a while, but what if Jesus was actually a necromancer? I mean...he did raise Lazarus and a few other people from the dead, and the whole Christian religion seems pretty obsessed with death. Just something to ponder about...

Since there is no such thing as necromancy, the stories of raising people from the dead are unsubstantiated, and even the existence of Jesus is in doubt, I'd say say the answer is no.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
30-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Would it matter, at this stage? And if, so, to what would it make a difference?
It's kind of like the DaVinci Code : If they found out that the story was really different from the way they'd been telling it... then... what?

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
30-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Tell it, Filox. Had a lawful evil cleric named Yees one time - man, what a pain in the ass "good" people are. Big Grin

Hadda scrap that campaign because my neutral good wood elf girlfriend fucking wigged when I animated the recently slain Drow for sentry duty. Tongue

OP? Jesus is meme, death is an illusion, and remnant of electrostatic potential is too unstable to make necromancy proper witchcraft. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-11-2011, 08:13 PM

man i used to have a necromancer in Diablo II.

that motherfucker was bad ass. level 70 something with a fire golem and some curses that would lay motherucking monsters OUT!... in fact, my necromancer personally killed the devil on 3 occasions. plus baal and memphisto.

... does that sound like jesus? going down to hell his damn self and killing the devil? thereby saving the world? no.... it takes balls for that shit, and balls are someting jesus seriously lacks.

man... i can't wait for Diablo III
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like paulesungnomo's post
30-11-2011, 08:25 PM
(30-11-2011 08:13 PM)paulesungnomo Wrote:  ... does that sound like jesus? going down to hell his damn self and killing the devil? thereby saving the world? no.... it takes balls for that shit, and balls are someting jesus seriously lacks.

man... i can't wait for Diablo III

Ya need a jam for that...

01-12-2011, 05:05 AM
(30-11-2011 07:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Tell it, Filox. Had a lawful evil cleric named Yees one time - man, what a pain in the ass "good" people are. Big Grin

Hadda scrap that campaign because my neutral good wood elf girlfriend fucking wigged when I animated the recently slain Drow for sentry duty. Tongue

OP? Jesus is meme, death is an illusion, and remnant of electrostatic potential is too unstable to make necromancy proper witchcraft. Wink

Oh, I soooo love the LE alignment, specially if playing cleric, the Cause wounds spell conversion is just great. I think that now you have learned that you can not have a mixed party, party should be either good or evil, with some neutrals in both ways, but LE and NG does not compute. When she did not like what you did to the Drow, you could've send her to do the sentry duty instead. She would've changed her mind.

Smile

BTW, have you seen the True Necromancer class? Superb. Only Necromancy spells, casts per day, like sorcerer, can use all necromancy spells of mage and can choose some of clerics as well, and has a couple of "per day" and "at will" things. If you have a "Tomb Tainted Soul" feat, you can heal yourself, while damaging others at will, with Negative Energy Burst... So when you play in an evil party, everybody takes TTS feat and then a True Necromancer becomes the "healer" of the party, no cleric needed. Awesome combo.

Cool

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
01-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Wassat, third edition? I'm old skool. That whole original AD&D DM's guide is in this stupid brain somewhere...

Yeah, Lawful evil is the way to campaign; but I was DM like 99.9% percent of the time. (So LE wouldn't have it so easy with me Big Grin) That Drow incident was epic though - we argued for days. Finally agreed to disagree, and I hadda go back to being a DM. (Of course with all this neck I come up with, I'm qualified. Wink )

01-12-2011, 09:58 AM
HA HA YES! D&D. Oh the stories I have to share!

Anyways. Yeah jesus definitely has the credentials to be considered a full fledged necromancer. The evil looking facial hair, the flowy robes, a procession of disciples, and the ability to raise the dead and preform other magical feats. I am slighty scared by the fact that he can can raise himself from the dead. Only very powerful necromancers can do that.....wait...ah crap. Jesus is a nether lich. Well it's official, we're screwed.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post