Necromancy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Necromancy?
Has anyone noticed a rash of threads coming back alive recently? Admittedly I have been guilty once or twice of doing this when I first started. What exactly is the policy? Are old threads supposed to be left dead or could they still be relevant? Perhaps it would be better to create a new thread that deal with the same issue, or recent information have come to light. What do you think?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: Necromancy?
I don't think it's technically against the rules but it makes HoC grumpy.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-11-2013, 06:42 PM
(21-11-2013 06:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't think it's technically against the rules but it makes HoC grumpy.

Kinda annoys me too, only because I don't understand how people spend what may be hours combing through ancient, long dead threads and thinking "Which one should I resurrect?"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-11-2013, 06:43 PM
New people look back to see what kind of things have been discussed here and also to get to know the personalities.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
21-11-2013, 06:48 PM
(21-11-2013 06:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't think it's technically against the rules but it makes HoC grumpy.

He's not the only one. If its something worthy with a compelling comment or remark. Then I'm ok. But when someone necro's a thread that should remain dead forever (like anything about nazi's) I get annoyed.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-11-2013, 06:55 PM
I just recently learned this term (in the context of forum threads).

I don't see how commenting on an old thread is a problem (if it is a legitimate comment). If the thread needs to die then it will naturally die again on its own. Problem solved.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
21-11-2013, 07:00 PM
(21-11-2013 06:55 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I just recently learned this term (in the context of forum threads).

I don't see how commenting on an old thread is a problem (if it is a legitimate comment). If the thread needs to die then it will naturally die again on its own. Problem solved.

It is more of an issue when someone replies to a poster that is no longer active expecting an answer.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-11-2013, 07:03 PM
(21-11-2013 07:00 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 06:55 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I just recently learned this term (in the context of forum threads).

It is more of an issue when someone replies to a poster that is no longer active expecting an answer.
I was thinking this to. Maybe we need guidelinesTongue check if op is still active, and if the post is older than 3months don't post

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
21-11-2013, 07:08 PM
I highly doubt any guidelines on this will be read or enforcable, unless it happens behind the scenes forced by server/web logic.
21-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Lots of cool, rare, historical photos in this one!

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...collection

Someone new might not know to click on page 2 (where it's at, at the moment, but a month from now may be back several more pages) of the list of threads to find it. It's worth keeping up to date, imo.