Necromancy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: Necromancy?
(21-11-2013 08:01 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Lots of cool, rare, historical photos in this one!

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...collection

Someone new might not know to click on page 2 (where it's at, at the moment, but a month from now may be back several more pages) of the list of threads to find it. It's worth keeping up to date, imo.

Perfect example of a good thread to bring back now and then.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 09:06 PM
(21-11-2013 08:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 08:01 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Lots of cool, rare, historical photos in this one!

Someone new might not know to click on page 2 (where it's at, at the moment, but a month from now may be back several more pages) of the list of threads to find it. It's worth keeping up to date, imo.

Yup that is why there is no hard and fast rule. Some threads fall off the front page and come back again several times. Others just die off. Necroposting is not always bad.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-11-2013, 10:20 PM
(21-11-2013 08:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Yeah that's a nice thread, I have a Hindenburg photo also some Disney construction photos. Maybe some day I'll uploadSmile

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
21-11-2013, 10:24 PM
My favorite is the Einstein picture at the beach...with the fancy shoes and sexy legs. Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
21-11-2013, 10:34 PM
(21-11-2013 06:22 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Has anyone noticed a rash of threads coming back alive recently? Admittedly I have been guilty once or twice of doing this when I first started. What exactly is the policy? Are old threads supposed to be left dead or could they still be relevant? Perhaps it would be better to create a new thread that deal with the same issue, or recent information have come to light. What do you think?

Why not resurrect old threads? Some might whine about it, but tough. There isn't a rule against it. I've sometimes seen members crawl down the throats of someone when they post a topic that 'was already covered'. I think whiny people will complain nomatter what, so if it is an interesting topic to you, go ahead.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
21-11-2013, 10:42 PM
(21-11-2013 06:22 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Has anyone noticed a rash of threads coming back alive recently? Admittedly I have been guilty once or twice of doing this when I first started. What exactly is the policy? Are old threads supposed to be left dead or could they still be relevant? Perhaps it would be better to create a new thread that deal with the same issue, or recent information have come to light. What do you think?

It's like farting in an elevator.

It's an unwritten rule... you just don't do it... but there is no real law against it. It just makes the people around hate you.

But there's not much anyone can do except hold their breath and bear it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
22-11-2013, 01:07 AM
(21-11-2013 06:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't think it's technically against the rules but it makes HoC grumpy.

Unless, of course, there's Gwynnies! Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2013, 01:56 AM
I occasionally necro my own threads if I have new additions to make, which usually generates new temporary interest. I don't think I've ever necroed (that feels a bit racist) someone else's thread, but it is possible. Generally speaking it's a bad idea to dig something up that hasn't been posted in in a couple of months. There are occasionally exceptions. Use your best judgement.