Need Friends

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: Need Friends
(13-06-2013 03:25 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 12:59 PM)AlaskaMom Wrote:  Just very sad today. And very lonely. I don't know anyone here that feels like I do. And how I feel isn't new but now that I admit it I am being pushed aside. The people who are so religious and have always been so close to me now have turned their backs.
I'm just sitting in my livingroom crying. In the last 24hours I have basically lost a uncle & Aunt, sister, brother and a couple friends. My mom doesn't support me and I just feel so alone.
It's ok for religious people to walk door to door, post blessings and stuff every where, to use it for any political argument. But me I am horrible cause I don't agree?!
I'm the same, exact same person I was a month ago before I decided to start coming out.

That does not sound good! Did your family do this because you are not religious? What area of Alaska are you writing from? That can be very isolating if you live in one of the smaller villages in western Alaska.

Welcome to TTA. And, yes, it gets better...

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2013, 03:29 PM
HAVE SOME HUGS

A BACK RUB

I'LL TAKE YOU OUT TO STARBUCKS AND WE CAN CRY TOGETHER

Weeping

TEARS OF BRUTAL FRIENDSHIP
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
13-06-2013, 03:29 PM
We're here so vent as much as you need. I find myself in the awkward position of saying Erxomai is right (I hate it when he's right). Look for local group etc.

Use the forum for all it's worth. We care!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
13-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Aye. Everyone is correct. I'm your new best buddy. You need to talk just let me know.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
13-06-2013, 04:01 PM
(13-06-2013 12:59 PM)AlaskaMom Wrote:  Just very sad today. And very lonely. I don't know anyone here that feels like I do. And how I feel isn't new but now that I admit it I am being pushed aside. The people who are so religious and have always been so close to me now have turned their backs.
I'm just sitting in my livingroom crying. In the last 24hours I have basically lost a uncle & Aunt, sister, brother and a couple friends. My mom doesn't support me and I just feel so alone.
It's ok for religious people to walk door to door, post blessings and stuff every where, to use it for any political argument. But me I am horrible cause I don't agree?!
I'm the same, exact same person I was a month ago before I decided to start coming out.

Are you in Alaska as your name suggests? There are Meetup groups for atheists up in Alaska. Just google Meetup.com in Alaska. There are Meetup groups listed under Recovering from Religion and several other atheist categories. I live in Oregon and belong to Meetup.com and go out and have fun with some of the groups listed. It's a great way to get out of the house and away from worry.

Take care. It must be very hard but you have many, many friends here.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
13-06-2013, 04:10 PM
The local UU church might help too. Freethinkers gather there for fellowship. Get out and meet some new people.

Family sucks sometimes. One of the most oft sayings in this house is "Friends are the family you pick". My friends have been closer to me, more supportive of me than anyone in this world. I've been lucky enough to meet good people and keep them in my life even though we might be miles apart.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
13-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Yep I'm Alaska and I will look for a group that's a good idea.

They asked me out right why I feel the way I do and when I explained myself I just got attacked... Jeez don't ask if you don't want the answer right?!

Thank You so much for all the kind words it really helps and means a lot. I woulda replied sooner but got busy with kittens I'm fostering. A couple aren't thriving and have to be bottle fed.

Wisdom from my eldest "Life's short... Get stoned!"
[Image: tumblr_m988n0gSY21r984nlo1_500.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes AlaskaMom's post
13-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Awwww. I just hate seeing people sad.

Hug

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon