Need Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Need Help
Some christian guys told me about the dead sea scrolls. I shrugged it off knowing that there are good arguments out there against the scrolls. I am not sure what they are, sad to say. They said something about how it helps to explain the accuracy of the text. So, I am looking at you all to help me, with some good arguments to go against that. I know that there has to be something agianst these weird scrolls that makes logical since. Again, thanks for the help on my last couple threads, and I know that you all will come through for me on this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2010, 11:46 AM
RE: Need Help
(26-03-2010 10:45 AM)omega21 Wrote:  Some christian guys told me about the dead sea scrolls. I shrugged it off knowing that there are good arguments out there against the scrolls. I am not sure what they are, sad to say. They said something about how it helps to explain the accuracy of the text. So, I am looking at you all to help me, with some good arguments to go against that. I know that there has to be something agianst these weird scrolls that makes logical since. Again, thanks for the help on my last couple threads, and I know that you all will come through for me on this.

This sums it up pretty nicely.

Basically, the Dead Sea scrolls are Old-Testament-only, and even then they are mainly Jewish documents, not Bible fragments - and the Bible fragments that there are actually prove that there were alterations.
And even if the Dead Sea scrolls prove that the Bible has, in its entirety, remained unchanged throughout the years, this does nothing to prove the validity of the Bible.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
26-03-2010, 02:03 PM
RE: Need Help
Thanks, I will use that next time people talk to me about the scrolls, and I know they will.