Need Help to debunk Benny Hinn

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Need Help to debunk Benny Hinn
Gota crash, and a good mate is coming over tomorrow, I don't mind his deity-ism (he was indoctrinated hard), I've convinced him Noah's arc was Allegory so had a win already.
but have since found out he actually believes Benny Hinn is for real.
http://www.bennyhinn.org/

My assertions that he's a fraud are hitting deaf ears, is there a slam dunk debunk for Benny, something a person would have to finger ear lalalala to not agree.

none of my searches has yielded a solid debunking..
At
Cheers

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 10:17 AM
RE: Need Help to debunk Benny Hinn
(10-02-2014 10:11 AM)sporehux Wrote:  none of my searches has yielded a solid debunking..
At
Cheers

Have you seen kingschosen's signature with Hinn whacking people over the head with his magical coat? Freakin' hilarious!

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ingschosen

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Surely Hinn debunks himself.

Poe incarnate.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-02-2014, 11:09 AM
There are a lot of videos on youtube debunking him. While you're at it, debunk faith healing across the board. Tongue
10-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Its on, will opt for debunking faith healing in general, James Randi is da man.

[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
10-02-2014, 10:52 PM
(10-02-2014 10:11 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Gota crash, and a good mate is coming over tomorrow, I don't mind his deity-ism (he was indoctrinated hard), I've convinced him Noah's arc was Allegory so had a win already.

My assertions that he's a fraud are hitting deaf ears, is there a slam dunk debunk for Benny, something a person would have to finger ear lalalala to not agree.

At
Cheers

Benny Hinn...I really dislike this guy. While digging around looking for some stuff in the car, I found a letter from his ministries thanking my mom for the 800+ bucks she sent as a "love" offering.

Anyway there was a video aired by one of our top investigative journalism shows. They looked into Benny Hinn. They showed him healing some people and a young boy with a vision issues in particular. Hinn also promised to pay for his education if I remember correctly. An interview by the makers of the video revealed that the boy was not healed at all and Hinn's ministries hadn't sent a cent over to them. At the event the child did claim he was healed but as the father indicated his son wasn't exactly gonna go against the crowd.

You can get this video by a simple youtube search. It'll be difficult convincing a theist. In the case of the boy above a theist may argue that the child lost faith in his healing afterwards.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
11-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Thanks BM . Got beers tonight, will bail him up about it.

11-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Does the filthy rich part help, getting rich off the backs of his worldwide congregation and many have so little.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
12-02-2014, 01:21 PM
(10-02-2014 10:11 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Gota crash, and a good mate is coming over tomorrow, I don't mind his deity-ism (he was indoctrinated hard), I've convinced him Noah's arc was Allegory so had a win already.

At
Cheers

Nobody- and I mean NOBODY- needs any help whatsoever in debunking Benny Hinn.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
12-02-2014, 01:29 PM
(12-02-2014 01:21 PM)Free Wrote:  Nobody- and I mean NOBODY- needs any help whatsoever in debunking Benny Hinn.

What if he's sleeping in your house in a bunk bed and he's like, strapped in really *really* firmly ? Is it so wrong to ask for help then ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post