Need Mass Effect 3 Endings clarification

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 03:49 AM by PoolBoyG.)
Question Need Mass Effect 3 Endings clarification
This post is intended for people who have knowledge about the game.

The ending choices were Synthesis, Control, Destroy. Correct me if I'm wrong in any of the descriptions:

Synthesis
-kill all sentient life
-kill all artificial life
-merge them into a new life form that will live on

Control
-turn all artificial life into slaves

Destroy
-kill all artificial life
-trap all sentient life in their current solar systems (destroy relays)

Assuming I'm right in my descriptions, why would anyway not choose Control?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 03:50 AM
RE: Mass Effect 3 Endings clarification
As was heatedly debated in my Chinese forums, only the destroy choice isn't falling under indoctrination.

After choosing so, you will see Shepherd recovering from a coma, which was when the indoctrination process happened.

Want something? Then do something.
09-04-2013, 03:54 AM
(09-04-2013 03:50 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  As was heatedly debated in my Chinese forums, only the destroy choice isn't falling under indoctrination.

After choosing so, you will see Shepherd recovering from a coma, which was when the indoctrination process happened.

Wait, so are you saying Synthesis and Control are the exact same?

Synthesis/Control
-kill all sentient life (Reapers win)
-artificial life live on (Reapers, Geth)
09-04-2013, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 04:07 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(09-04-2013 03:54 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 03:50 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  As was heatedly debated in my Chinese forums, only the destroy choice isn't falling under indoctrination.

Wait, so are you saying Synthesis and Control are the exact same?

Synthesis/Control
-kill all sentient life (Reapers win)
-artificial life live on (Reapers, Geth)

Exactly. Both Synthesis and Control are choices of indoctrination.

Look, how could Anderson be a bad choice?

For the Synthesis choice, too unrealistic.

For the Control choice, Reapers just give in so easily?

In the whole game until this point, blue is kind and red is cruel. But here the red choice seems pretty what Shepherd has been fighting for the whole time. Plus Anderson. Doesn't this seem too wired? And this green choice, so laughable. It takes the Reapers such efforts to eliminate advance organic lives. Combining organic and synthetic lives together across the galaxy? No way !

09-04-2013, 06:46 AM
RE: Need Mass Effect 3 Endings clarification
Basically it was this. [Image: mass_effect3_ending_by_dunechampion-d4sphpt.jpg]

It was a lazy ending where everything you did in the series meant nothing and had no affect whatsoever.

None of the endings had anything to do with indoctrination, that was purely a fan theory which happened to make more sense and was a better ending than the official ending.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
09-04-2013, 06:59 AM
(09-04-2013 06:46 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Basically it was this. [Image: mass_effect3_ending_by_dunechampion-d4sphpt.jpg]

It was a lazy ending where everything you did in the series meant nothing and had no affect whatsoever.

None of the endings had anything to do with indoctrination, that was purely a fan theory which happened to make more sense and was a better ending than the official ending.

I didn't play the DLC. Any new explanations about the ending in the DLC ?

09-04-2013, 09:07 AM
The dlc expanded the endings and gave some more dialog with the starchild hologram thing. It was an improvement over the original endings but still a let down to a fantastic series.

I personally think they should have went with the indoctrination theory as it made sense and the fans had it all worked out, it would have been one of the greatest plot twists for a game. But instead they stuck with the whole the reapers are harvesting civilisations to prevent them being killed by synthetic life because both cant co exist....even though you can disprive that by making peace with the geth.

It was a really badly thought out ending. The entire series they had been mentioning problems with dark energy, there was even a mission about it in ME2 (when you meet tali) but they ignored it in favour of some illogical bs.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
09-04-2013, 09:21 AM
(09-04-2013 09:07 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  But instead they stuck with the whole the reapers are harvesting civilisations to prevent them being killed by synthetic life because both cant co exist....even though you can disprive that by making peace with the geth.

Put people in hell because they choose not to believe, whose ability of choosing is given by God, of which God could never be held responsible.

Similar illogicality.

Kill them to deliver them out of the harms way synthetic life would put them in ...

09-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Well, I heard they are making a new game in the ME universe. (Oh joy) So who knows what they will explain then.

I've said it before, but Bioware is a bunch of fuckers. (which makes me sad because I used to idolize them back in the original KOTOR/Jade Empire days) They are really going to have to turn it around to get me interested in buying their games again.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
09-04-2013, 11:03 AM
(09-04-2013 10:56 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Well, I heard they are making a new game in the ME universe. (Oh joy) So who knows what they will explain then.

As far as I know, the new game will have nothing to do with Shepard. It'll only be set in the same universe.

[Image: killing-floor-screen-banner.jpg]