Need Some Advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2017, 01:13 PM
RE: Need Some Advice
Also. "Follow your bliss." - Joseph Campbell Smile

And, “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-11-2017, 02:59 PM
RE: Need Some Advice
ONLY you can decide what's best for you. I will say that I personally regret NOT completing my double major. Nobody I know who has done a double major regrets it. In general, the people I know who managed it did so with the one major as the thing they love and the other in something more likely to pay the bills. Like, say, accounting. (Sorry, but it's true.)

Trump is trying to take away our deduction for student loan interest. Just something to keep in mind. Did you apply for financial aid? What kind of package did the university offer you? Is any of it dependent on a specific major? I have a niece who got mega scholarships for being a WOMAN majoring in computer engineering. She hated it but it paid a LOT of her costs of school. So she double-majored in that and a field she loved. Now she is happily graduated, gainfully employed and loving what she does. Which isn't in either field of her degree majors. It started as an internship in college...

Give yourself the chance to explore. Be open to new ideas. Know that there are LOTS AND LOTS of good jobs that require a four-year-degree but don't give a crap about what it is in. They just require you have the diploma. Good luck.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post