Need Y'alls Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2014, 05:24 AM
RE: Need Y'alls Help
I'll keep you guys informed when something new comes up.

So far the paper work went in to get organised for submission, and I may need to go to the bank for an updated report due to the last statement in a joint account had just a little to much money in it.

On another note, last night I had to kick the second shift nurse out after she about dumb fucked everything and got my temper to a boil. I gave her 4 strikes and that was enough.

Having to deal with my wife is stressful enough without having a childlike mentality nurse to run around after...... which also means I got about 4 hours of sleep last night, again. Confused

Some of the nurses are fantastic and some I wouldnt hire if they paid me...makes me wonder where they find some of these people. Blink

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2014, 05:45 AM
So you got her placed somewhere? She agreed to go? I'm confused. I thought at the beginning of this thread she was at home with you. Did that change?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
17-04-2014, 05:53 AM
(17-04-2014 05:45 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  So you got her placed somewhere? She agreed to go? I'm confused. I thought at the beginning of this thread she was at home with you. Did that change?

She's still at home for now and we're in the middle of doing the papper work.

She seems to be agreeable to going, according to the nurses and her sister.

I thought this placement process would have been quicker, but it seems that there is quite a lot involved. I'm just thankful that Hospice is doing all the leg work.

17-04-2014, 05:56 AM
Oh! When you mentioned nurse, I thought you had placed her somewhere, I didn't realize you had a nurse at the house. My bad.

17-04-2014, 06:08 AM
(17-04-2014 05:56 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Oh! When you mentioned nurse, I thought you had placed her somewhere, I didn't realize you had a nurse at the house. My bad.

Yeah, I'm really confused about how to tell the story here because I'm here(with her) and know whats happening. Losing touch with reality on my end too. Blush

To clarify, we've had 24-7 in home care now for the past 8 days. I thought I mentioned it, but I didnt...... my minds a mess right now.

Not your bad at all. Its me. Blush

17-04-2014, 06:13 AM
Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
17-04-2014, 08:11 AM
We are here if you need to talk.

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-04-2014, 12:20 PM
(17-04-2014 05:53 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I thought this placement process would have been quicker, but it seems that there is quite a lot involved. I'm just thankful that Hospice is doing all the leg work.

Is it a hospice or a long-term care assisted living facility? Some of the hospices are very good, especially the ones run by the Catholics but there's too much death in there. Had a friend in a Catholic hospice for a couple of years who was dying from AIDS. He was down to 70 lbs and looked like a skeleton. "I ain't dying in here, Bob." And he didn't. The meds today are amazing and only getting better. As he was recovering he took on the role of personal attention and activity director since the hospice didn't really have anything other than Bingo Thursday and he didn't have anything else to do anyway. His complaint was that all the friends he made died almost as soon as he made them. Too much death in there, he said. Long-term care assisted living facility offers more social life and engagement and less death.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
17-04-2014, 12:41 PM
(17-04-2014 12:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 05:53 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I thought this placement process would have been quicker, but it seems that there is quite a lot involved. I'm just thankful that Hospice is doing all the leg work.

Is it a hospice or a long-term care assisted living facility? Some of the hospices are very good, especially the ones run by the Catholics but there's too much death in there. Had a friend in a Catholic hospice for a couple of years who was dying from AIDS. He was down to 70 lbs and looked like a skeleton. "I ain't dying in here, Bob." And he didn't. The meds today are amazing and only getting better. As he was recovering he took on the role of personal attention and activity director since the hospice didn't really have anything other than Bingo Thursday and he didn't have anything else to do anyway. His complaint was that all the friends he made died almost as soon as he made them. Too much death in there, he said. Long-term care assisted living facility offers more social life and engagement and less death.

Girly, this wont be a hospice place, but a ALC (assisted living care) facility that has beds available for hospice/medicaid patients. They have activities and nice surroundings.

A big plus is that it would be within 10 miles of the house.

The biggest problem is that they are sometimes at odds with the type of care given compared to hospice. They tend to lean towards the care side and not the comfort or the will of a dying person, such as diet and medications. That might be a problem if she cant eat and do what she wants.... and I wouldnt blame her and may remove her because of that if she is misserable there.

If possible, I dont want her to be unhappy or uncomfortable, that would kill me.

17-04-2014, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2014 01:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-04-2014 12:41 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 12:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Is it a hospice or a long-term care assisted living facility? Some of the hospices are very good, especially the ones run by the Catholics but there's too much death in there. Had a friend in a Catholic hospice for a couple of years who was dying from AIDS. He was down to 70 lbs and looked like a skeleton. "I ain't dying in here, Bob." And he didn't. The meds today are amazing and only getting better. As he was recovering he took on the role of personal attention and activity director since the hospice didn't really have anything other than Bingo Thursday and he didn't have anything else to do anyway. His complaint was that all the friends he made died almost as soon as he made them. Too much death in there, he said. Long-term care assisted living facility offers more social life and engagement and less death.

Girly, this wont be a hospice place, but a ALC (assisted living care) facility that has beds available for hospice/medicaid patients. They have activities and nice surroundings.

A big plus is that it would be within 10 miles of the house.

The biggest problem is that they are sometimes at odds with the type of care given compared to hospice. They tend to lean towards the care side and not the comfort or the will of a dying person, such as diet and medications. That might be a problem if she cant eat and do what she wants.... and I wouldnt blame her and may remove her because of that if she is misserable there.

If possible, I dont want her to be unhappy or uncomfortable, that would kill me.

Sounds like a good placement. You can visit daily and bring her the food she likes and spend an hour or three or four a day talking and just sitting around and watching TV and play bingo together on Bingo Thursday. And maybe go out to eat together at your old haunts. I would want to make sure ManlyGirl didn't feel like I was kicking her to the curb. 'Cause that would fuck with me big time. My friend's case aside, most hospice care is intended to be palliative. Assisted living care is more about maintenance while still trying to be curative and even preventative. Good luck Brother!

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus