Need Y'alls Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Need Y'alls Help
Thanks guys !

Yeah we had the respite care for a few months already, things just got to bad and I got really stressed and burned out trying to be Mr Doitall. I cant remember the last time I've slept through the night.

Even with the 5 nights at respite care, it took me a good 3 days to start to decompress, and then I felt totally drained.

I know this is best for all involved, but it sure does suck.

After 27 years of marriage it will take some getting used to, having her gone, even if she was driving me crazy. Undecided

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2014, 03:28 PM
(24-04-2014 03:19 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Give yourself time. You did what you needed to do.

Enjoy the fresh air. Smile

Yeah, I know, but it doesnt make it any easier.

Tho I'll try to get in some time on the bike this weekend to clear the cobwebs. Shy

24-04-2014, 03:33 PM
(24-04-2014 03:28 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 03:19 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Give yourself time. You did what you needed to do.

Enjoy the fresh air. Smile

Yeah, I know, but it doesnt make it any easier.

Tho I'll try to get in some time on the bike this weekend to clear the cobwebs. Shy

I understand that. Just remind yourself when you're feeling down that you did the right thing. Shes safer now.

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
24-04-2014, 03:34 PM
We are here for you when you need us.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Good luck mate.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
25-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Bad night..... this is harder than I thought it would be. Undecided

25-04-2014, 05:44 AM
Hug

I have found at stressful times in my life, when I drink, I can't sleep. I got a small dose (1/2 tablet) of Ambien....works great for me. Good sleep helps us deal with stress better.

find a project. get your mind working on something......plan a special ride this weekend , maybe go farther than you normally do or someplace you haven't been before.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
25-04-2014, 05:56 AM
It is going to take some adjustnig. I suspect you both miss her and feel guity for putting her in the care facility. Things will get better. Go spend some time with her and let her know you still love her. Make seeing her everyday part of your routine.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
25-04-2014, 06:00 AM
(25-04-2014 05:44 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Hug

I have found at stressful times in my life, when I drink, I can't sleep. I got a small dose (1/2 tablet) of Ambien....works great for me. Good sleep helps us deal with stress better.

find a project. get your mind working on something......plan a special ride this weekend , maybe go farther than you normally do or someplace you haven't been before.

I'm sure the 6 beers in 2 hours didnt help, nor did the 2 sleeping pills.

My mind just wouldnt shut down, and I kept seeing all those faces of the people there. Such hopelessness, fear and depression just left a huge impact on me.

I'm affraid that this may take some time for me to get under control. I've just never had to deal with anything like this before and the feeling of guilt is overwhelming.

25-04-2014, 06:04 AM
(25-04-2014 05:56 AM)wazzel Wrote:  It is going to take some adjustnig. I suspect you both miss her and feel guity for putting her in the care facility. Things will get better. Go spend some time with her and let her know you still love her. Make seeing her everyday part of your routine.

Well, the staff told me to wait a few days before I come to see her again.

The problem is that she's been getting quite hateful towards me in the last few months, so I'm not even sure she wants to see me right now. Confused