Need Y'alls Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 11:57 AM
RE: Need Y'alls Help
Great advice guys Thumbsup

I realise that she is like a 3-4 year old and needs to be kind of treated as such, problem is I dont know how to handle actual 3-4 year olds either. Blush

Not much to do now but hope she comes around to liking the place enough to stay there. Between yesterday and today, I've been on a emotional roller coaster and almost had knee jerk reation to her crying today.... ya know, Ta-Da ! War Horse to the rescue, kind of thing.

Well I'll go about and do some sorely needed cleaning and laundry today, got some chicken tenders at the store earlier for dinner, and call it a day.

Maybe tonight I can get a good nights sleep and tomorrow meet up with my 'brother' Tony an go for a ride to lunch. Shy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
25-04-2014, 12:04 PM
That all sounds like a wonderful plan!

Get some much needed rest and some time out on the bike.

Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-04-2014, 08:32 PM
We had to take my mother to a managed care facility some years ago, and then increasing levels of care until her dementia required a nursing home for 24/7 care. I can sympathize with your tangle of feelings, though it must be a whole extra level when it's your wife.

After some years, she died there. Two of us with with her when she died.

You will likely have mixed feelings and ups and downs for some time, but you have to do what you have to do for her safety and yours.

Hang in there.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-04-2014, 05:08 AM
Thanks Chas

I imagine that a spouse is a bit different than a parent in this situation, tho no less gut wrenching, I'm sure. This sucks either way you put it.

I finally got a good nights sleep last night, the first in I dont know how long..... it feels pretty good. Didnt take long for my mind to start thinking about things again.

I really need to harden up, I swear that I was having a mental meltdown and that I cant let that happen..... nobody here to take care of me if I fall apart.

I will most likely go to see her on monday, but for now I'll try to enjoy the weekend.

Do some rides, drink some beers, piss off a barmaid or two, and maybe BBQ that steak thats been in the freezer for god knows how long. Shy

[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
26-04-2014, 06:36 AM
Hm, not quit sure what's going on here, and if my answer makes no sense that's the case, but maybe you should respect your wife's choices? Is there some reason why one is better then the other?
26-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Warhorse
I'm so so sorry you are going through such a hard time.
I sympathise with you enormously and hope you can see in time that you really did the only thing you could have done.
You are clearly suffering from carer burn-out and you must take some time for yourself now knowing that your wife is in the safest place. You would be no good to her if you end up in hospital yourself!
My mum has Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia and, whilst it is not the same as having a partner with dementia, I know that the day will come when I am in the same boat as you with regards to her needing more help than we, her family, can give her.
The crazy is really tough to deal with - I live in a different country to my mum and she drives me potty so I just can't imagine how, when you have it constantly, day in, day out, 24/7, you have managed to stay sane!
I am a member of an Alzheimer's forum called Talking Point and I have found the folk there to be a great help. It is UK based but there are people from all across the globe who convene there to talk about just the things you have been going through and provide a listening ear, support and advice and a shoulder to cry on.
I will be thinking of you and your wife and hoping that you can both come to terms with this dreadful disease which robs people of their true selves and puts such a strain on their loved ones.
Good luck.
[+] 2 users Like englishrose's post
26-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Thanks englishrose. Shy

I'll look into that forum, as I'm sure to need some advice with her now that she's in a facility and very upset about it. She still needs to adust. Undecided

28-04-2014, 07:27 PM
thinking of you. hoping you are getting more rest at night, which will help with the daytime stress.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
29-04-2014, 04:49 AM
Thanks Bows Hug

Its getting a little better with every passing day, the wife is starting to acclimate and isnt crying every time I visit now.

They have an in-house beauty salon and I got her an appointment to have her hair done today... so that cheered her up a bit.

Just going day by day here and trying to find my own energy again too.

[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
29-04-2014, 09:01 AM
(29-04-2014 04:49 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Thanks Bows Hug

Its getting a little better with every passing day, the wife is starting to acclimate and isnt crying every time I visit now.

They have an in-house beauty salon and I got her an appointment to have her hair done today... so that cheered her up a bit.

Just going day by day here and trying to find my own energy again too.

That's a good idea...it will make her feel pampered. Thumbsup

I doubt the situation will ever be easy, but it will get easier to deal with.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post