Need a Family forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Need a Family forum
(16-08-2013 09:53 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I dunno what PIAS is supposed to mean, but I assume it will be moderated with a heavy hand, a bit like the Personal Support section?

Personally, I don't think it will get much use, but I could be wrong. That's my 2 cents.

I was wondering the same thing until you posted. PIAS=Personal Issues and Support

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2013, 10:03 AM
(16-08-2013 09:53 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I dunno what PIAS is supposed to mean, but I assume it will be moderated with a heavy hand, a bit like the Personal Support section?

Personally, I don't think it will get much use, but I could be wrong. That's my 2 cents.

Pucker Insert Arse now Stuffed section. We have to make sure people follow the rules there.
16-08-2013, 10:15 AM
(16-08-2013 09:37 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 09:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  We'll share out the kids in an amicable fashion...

I call dibs on the fat ones.

(I got a family to feed)

I'm not sure it's really sharing, if you don't intend to give them back...

... this is my signature!
16-08-2013, 10:18 AM
(16-08-2013 10:15 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I'm not sure it's really sharing, if you don't intend to give them back...

But the parents get some too Huh And in exchange we'll give them awesome advice on how to break the news to their kids that they're now atheists...
16-08-2013, 10:20 AM
(16-08-2013 10:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 10:15 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I'm not sure it's really sharing, if you don't intend to give them back...

But the parents get some too Huh And in exchange we'll give them awesome advice on how to break the news to their kids that they're now atheists...

I'm confused now. I thought we were talking about eating the kids.....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
16-08-2013, 10:24 AM
(16-08-2013 10:20 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'm confused now. I thought we were talking about eating the kids.....

If they don't realise their parents are atheists then, then *nothing* will get through to them Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-08-2013, 10:35 AM
(16-08-2013 09:57 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  

I was wondering the same thing until you posted. PIAS=Personal Issues and Support

[Image: Doh.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Dark Light's post
28-08-2013, 04:38 AM
My thought was a section within this forum, for people to talk about their family dynamic, ask questions about parenting, money, and family life in general. Kind of a light version of PIaS, wich seams to be more of an atheism or religion is destroying my,,,,, fill in the bank.

Maybe a silly request. I know I enjoy reading about peoples families, gives great insight into my own.

From a marketing standpoint, the numbers are there, everyone, even Adam had a family.
28-08-2013, 05:09 AM
That's not getting any traction with the mods I think, but we could start a pinned family thread, if it's going to be just talking about day to day stuff.

There are enough posts about family stuff - mostly about religious mates and how to guide kids through the religious quagmire.

We could call it "All in the family". Smile Kind of like a ranting thread?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-08-2013, 10:43 AM
(28-08-2013 05:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  That's not getting any traction with the mods I think, but we could start a pinned family thread, if it's going to be just talking about day to day stuff.

There are enough posts about family stuff - mostly about religious mates and how to guide kids through the religious quagmire.

We could call it "All in the family". Smile Kind of like a ranting thread?

I think this may be a more viable solution than to create a new forum section.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post