Need a Second Opinion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2014, 11:05 AM
RE: Need a Second Opinion
(24-01-2014 11:02 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 11:00 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Uhh no, why?

some cravings are because you are deficient in a certain vitamin/mineral. for instance, its very common for those with low iron levels to eat ice. I dunno why-but we do.-- and its common. I googled black pepper craving and it said that pepper is high in iron. I was asking to see if there was a connection there. apparently not.

Funny, I actually though the same thing. Though, I couldn't remember if that was real or I just made it up so I dismissed the thought...

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2014, 11:06 AM
(24-01-2014 11:01 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I always put lots of pepper on everything -- even more on eggs. shrug.

But to the amount I showed?

Atir aissom atir imon
24-01-2014, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2014 11:10 AM by Im_Ryan.)
(24-01-2014 11:04 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 11:03 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Spicy? Psh, no. I like real spicy food. Pepper to me is just flavor, I've never tasted any "spice" from it.
...it's funny cause my mom is so white she barely puts pepper on her food while I'm over here eating a Serrano or jabenero for a snack Laugh out load

Ummmm...serranos and habeneros Smile

Nope, it can be spelled both ways. The "j" sound in Spanish is the "h" sound in English. Google both spellings and you'll see Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
24-01-2014, 11:08 AM
(24-01-2014 11:06 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 11:01 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I always put lots of pepper on everything -- even more on eggs. shrug.

But to the amount I showed?

More actually.

Black pepper requires a lot, especially if you're used to spicy food.

My husband laughs at me as I cover my eggs with a nice layer of the stuff. LOL

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

24-01-2014, 11:10 AM
(24-01-2014 11:08 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 11:06 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  But to the amount I showed?

More actually.

Black pepper requires a lot, especially if you're used to spicy food.

My husband laughs at me as I cover my eggs with a nice layer of the stuff. LOL

We should definitely be friends Thumbsup

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
24-01-2014, 11:17 AM
My father did the same.

I'm the reverse. When offered black pepper in a restaurant, I refuse on the grounds that I want to taste the meal as the chef intended it. I reckon it would be an insult to said chef to not try it before I changed it.

When I was down and out in Paris, I took a job in Burger King (Hungry Jack's for the Aussies), Champs Elysee. They added shitloads (measured precisely) of pepper to make the punters order more drinks.

Since then, I have stopped cooking with both salt and pepper... but it took a while to get used to real flavours.

I suggest that you try slowly reducing the amounts you use to re-balance your taste receptors.
If not, you'll end up like my Thai girls who can only start eating once they've added shitloads (again) of chilies.

That's all I got, sorry, I don't have a second opinion.

Tongue

24-01-2014, 12:32 PM
(24-01-2014 11:04 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 11:03 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Spicy? Psh, no. I like real spicy food. Pepper to me is just flavor, I've never tasted any "spice" from it.
...it's funny cause my mom is so white she barely puts pepper on her food while I'm over here eating a Serrano or jabenero for a snack Laugh out load

Ummmm...serranos and habeneros Smile

Serranos - Awesome! Really adds flavor and not heat for sake of heat!Thumbsup I forgot about serranos. Thanks for reminding me.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
24-01-2014, 12:41 PM
(24-01-2014 12:32 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 11:04 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Ummmm...serranos and habeneros Smile

Serranos - Awesome! Really adds flavor and not heat for sake of heat!Thumbsup I forgot about serranos. Thanks for reminding me.

I would recommend looking up different kinds of peppers. I personally love the cross breed of jabeneros and serranos. They have a good kick, and great natural roasted flavor (though I can't think of the name). My uncle has a mini pepper farm in his backyard. So delicious! Big Grin

Atir aissom atir imon
24-01-2014, 12:51 PM
I love black pepper - your picture looked fine to me. Drooling

But I usually use less than that because I use fresh ground pepper. The stuff in those packets has lost its mojo. Undecided

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2014, 12:56 PM
(24-01-2014 12:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  I love black pepper - your picture looked fine to me. Drooling

But I usually use less than that because I use fresh ground pepper. The stuff in those packets has lost its mojo. Undecided

Totally agree. Fresh ground pepper is amazing. But alas, it's from my work's cafeteria. I can only do so much lol. Though I still use a decent amount for fresh pepper as well

Atir aissom atir imon