Need a little help about this PRISM Program leak thing.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2013, 07:36 PM
RE: Need a little help about this PRISM Program leak thing.
(12-06-2013 03:01 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I found this article online about Snowden:

EDWARD SNOWDEN IS NO HERO

And I am curious about this thing:

Quote:The American government, and its democracy, are flawed institutions. But our system offers legal options to disgruntled government employees and contractors. They can take advantage of federal whistle-blower laws; they can bring their complaints to Congress; they can try to protest within the institutions where they work. But Snowden did none of this. Instead, in an act that speaks more to his ego than his conscience, he threw the secrets he knew up in the air—and trusted, somehow, that good would come of it.

So,

[1] What major accomplishments have been done under the "federal whistle-blower laws" ?

[2] What are the major achievements when people "bring their complaints to Congress" ?

[3] Are there any well-known progress done when people "protest within the institutions where they work" like CIA or FBI ?

If there are many successful stories via the above three channels, then Snowden is not a bright dude for what he has done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please totally ignore the stuff below if you don't agree with the irony.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally it's my chance to say any thing fancy, fashionable and righteous like this, and I am really excited !

Free speech for USA ! Overthrow this dictator Obama administration and put those tyrant major corporation owners in prison ! Since the Patriot Act, the States has turned into a police state !

A governmental project aimed at breeding another John Edgar Hoover ? Too bad for politician business !

What about freedom ?! What about democracy ?! What about human rights ?!

Now no one knows Snowden's whereabouts. The government must have abducted him !

They SHOULD release dissidents immediately ! Or else, the people will wait three more years and forget about this, have other more important issues like jobs and etc. on their mind, and vote for a not that bad apple from two seemingly charming but in fact representatives of major private corporates' benefits.

Hum ... will this be put on record and turned against me when I apply for a USA visa ? If so, PM me and I will always be glad to withdraw my naive and ideological nonsense talk.

Thank you for your letter in regards to the NSA's PRISM program. We here at the National Security Agency, our puppet masters in the shadow government, and their Reptilian Overlords strive to provide you with the highest quality of intrusion into every aspect of your lives. Please continue with your daily life, Subject 63977C12AV, and refrain from makine comments about overthrowing us and it may result in summary termination by Predator Drone.

Sincerely,
The NSA, CIA, MI6, KGB,
(and every one else you hear breathing on the other end of the phone line.)

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
12-06-2013, 10:46 PM
(12-06-2013 07:36 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Thank you for your letter in regards to the NSA's PRISM program. We here at the National Security Agency, our puppet masters in the shadow government, and their Reptilian Overlords strive to provide you with the highest quality of intrusion into every aspect of your lives. Please continue with your daily life, Subject 63977C12AV, and refrain from makine comments about overthrowing us and it may result in summary termination by Predator Drone.

Sincerely,
The NSA, CIA, MI6, KGB,
(and every one else you hear breathing on the other end of the phone line.)

I really don't have time to delete my superficial comments. And I definitely wouldn't have done this if I had known this has anything to do with the Reptilian Overlords (Oh, Praise the Overlords Bowing ).

Ask a mod to testify for me that I sincerely repent, or get me an Indulgence online, please? Very urgently !

Oh Censored, the Drones are coming again !

Please help me ! Or else I don't know whether I will have the chance to see you guys on the forum again.

Bye ... or forever ...

HU

Repenting, and in desperate need for an Indulgence.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 3 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
13-06-2013, 05:46 PM
(12-06-2013 07:02 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 06:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He wouldn't have been telling them anything they didn't already know. They were well aware.

Ron Wyden is on the intelligence committee. He's about as good as you can get on civil liberties in the Senate. If your job is working for an intelligence contractor, you would be likely to know this.

I would be likely to know what? That Ron Wyden is on the Senate Intelligence Committee and is a civil libertarian? Why would my job have anything to do with that knowledge? And what if my job is as a civilian scientist with the DoD instead of a sleazebag, slimeball Government teat-sucking contractor? Would I be likely to know something different then?

Dianne Feinstein essentially came out and admitted that searching the metadata without a FISA court order is okey-dokey. That would indicate that the Intelligence Committee was well aware of what was going on.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-06-2013, 06:24 PM
(13-06-2013 05:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 07:02 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Ron Wyden is on the intelligence committee. He's about as good as you can get on civil liberties in the Senate. If your job is working for an intelligence contractor, you would be likely to know this.

I would be likely to know what? That Ron Wyden is on the Senate Intelligence Committee and is a civil libertarian? Why would my job have anything to do with that knowledge? And what if my job is as a civilian scientist with the DoD instead of a sleazebag, slimeball Government teat-sucking contractor? Would I be likely to know something different then?

Dianne Feinstein essentially came out and admitted that searching the metadata without a FISA court order is okey-dokey. That would indicate that the Intelligence Committee was well aware of what was going on.

If one's plan were to go running to the press and expose oneself to legal jeopardy, perhaps a couple google searches would have been prudent. Reports are that he donated to the Ron Paul campaign. Paul supporters tend to be more politically involved and tend to be civil libertarian types. I have a hard time thinking he was some unaware political neophyte. He may very well be acting entirely out of an altruistic sense of exposing a wrong. But he had other routes to go with this. He could have saved the leaks to the press for his last resort. He could have consulted a lawyer first, say one who works with the ACLU--reportedly he made $200k, he should have been able to afford a few hundred dollars for a consult.

And on Feinstein, I don't much care for her politics at all. She's always been a hawk on defense, defending almost any military and intelligence programs. Her response to this is pretty much what I'd expect.
13-06-2013, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2013 06:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-06-2013 06:24 PM)BryanS Wrote:  If one's plan were to go running to the press and expose oneself to legal jeopardy, perhaps a couple google searches would have been prudent.

Ah, think I might've missed your previous point. ... Nah, fuck that, you did a shitty job of making it. Tongue

Yeah, why not send a thumb drive anonymously to Assange and WikiLeaks instead? Why go to the press? And why would you come out immediately after and admit guilt? Starting to smell like a narcissistic attention whore to me.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-06-2013, 06:52 PM
(13-06-2013 06:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 06:24 PM)BryanS Wrote:  If one's plan were to go running to the press and expose oneself to legal jeopardy, perhaps a couple google searches would have been prudent.

Ah, think I might've missed your previous point. ... Nah, fuck that, you did a shitty job of making it. Tongue

Yeah, why not send a thumb drive anonymously to Assange and WikiLeaks instead? Why go to the press? And why would you come out immediately after and admit guilt? Starting to smell like a narcissistic attention whore to me.

He may be that. I don't know enough about him to make that call.

He was obviously technically capable. You questioned why someone who worked at the job he had would imply they would know who the right Senator might be to bring his concerns to. I'd think that if I were contemplating breaking the law and living in exile, I'd do a little digging around to see what options I had. Any IT guy spouts off "google it" when some colleague needs to figure something out that they should know. The only thing we can say we know for now is he made no effort to find a way to bring his concerns out in a legal way and in a way that did not disclose confidential information to the press.