Need a question answered from a neutral perspective.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 04:01 PM
RE: Need a question answered from a neutral perspective.
(23-02-2012 03:57 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 03:51 PM)kim Wrote:  Did I do good? Blush

Y'dunn goo-ud!

I XD'd

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-02-2012, 04:01 PM
(23-02-2012 03:57 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 03:51 PM)kim Wrote:  Did I do good? Blush

Y'dunn goo-ud!

Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-02-2012, 04:08 PM
1) Because I am insecure, and I read your difference of opinion as a personal attack on my beliefs.

2) Because I am insecure, and I read your difference of opinion as a personal attack on my beliefs.

3) Because I am insecure, and I read your difference of opinion as a personal attack on my beliefs.

4) Because I am insecure, and I read your difference of opinion as a personal attack on my beliefs.

5) Because I am insecure, and I read your difference of opinion as a personal attack on my beliefs.

You have to remember KC, that you are in the minority among theists. Most are unwilling to consider different perspectives, even when those perspectives are from another Christian. The reason most people here like you so much is that you are willing to think. That's something that is generally held in high esteem by most atheists. Unfortunately, most theists consider thinking to be dangerous to their beliefs.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
23-02-2012, 04:13 PM
(23-02-2012 03:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As many of you know, I have faced some acidity from fellow Christians because of my theology. I really don't understand why this is, but I'm trying to view it from a different point of view without prejudice. I still don't see why, so I need a 3rd party perspective on the situation. So my questions:

*All of these are directed towards traditional Arminian/YEC/Dispensationalist Christians*

1) Why is my theology so threatening?
2) Why does my theology incite such vitriol?
3) Why do you ignore scripture that is contrary to what you believe?
4) Why are you right, and I'm wrong?
5) Why do you refuse to educate yourself on other theological doctrines?

So, in short, I would like for y'all to answer these questions from what you know of typical Christianity and my theology so that I can try and understand the "why".

The answers all lie within yourself, sir.
Imagine that you were being asked those questions by a member of another cult (I'm obviously out of touch cos I've heard of YEC but not the other two you mentioned).
You may have more moderate / knowledgeable, less extreme / ignorant / vitriolic answers but no matter, you know what those answers are.

Example: I asked you on my Frameworks and Standards thread whether you felt the same way about the Quran and you said that you did not believe that the Quran was the inspired word of god. Does that answer Q4?

btw, the answer to most of the Qs is simply xenophobia and is explained very easily from an evolutionary perspective.

I would like to add that I am beginning to admire you (not in a gay way) for your open approach. It is in sharp contrast to posts I've seen from others that have a more ACRID VEIN (anag)
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
23-02-2012, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 04:19 PM by kingschosen.)
Thanks for the responses, guys. I appreciate your insight. From what I'm gathering, it's basically because it's different from what they believe; and, anything different is wrong.

(23-02-2012 04:08 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You have to remember KC, that you are in the minority among theists. Most are unwilling to consider different perspectives, even when those perspectives are from another Christian. The reason most people here like you so much is that you are willing to think. That's something that is generally held in high esteem by most atheists. Unfortunately, most theists consider thinking to be dangerous to their beliefs.

Yeah, I'm starting to see this as well. The weird thing is, for me anyway, the more enlightened I became, the stronger my understanding of God became.
(23-02-2012 04:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Example: I asked you on my Frameworks and Standards thread whether you felt the same way about the Quran and you said that you did not believe that the Quran was the inspired word of god. Does that answer Q4?

That's fairly moot, though... I'm not addressing peers from a different religion.

Quote:I would like to add that I am beginning to admire you (not in a gay way) for your open approach. It is in sharp contrast to posts I've seen from others that have a more ACRID VEIN (anag)

Thanks Smile

no homo

23-02-2012, 04:53 PM

ALSO, and this cant be emphasized enough, they see them-self in you as a fellow beliver...so they truly and literally see you on a slippery slope of deconverting and they know THEY could be there too should they start that trek for knowledge. You have opted to pick from the tree of knowledge..and you know how well that ended for Adam, right?

A typical fundie would say (behind your back) i give him 6 months max before he's backslidden and hellbound. It would inflate the ego of the fundie and make themselves feel MORE solid about their own faith and certain about YOUR demise.

They'd smile at you, pray with you...all the while grinding their teeth. They SURE as hell dont want you teaching or talking to their kids!!!! YOU, KC, are a THREAT to everything they believe they are.............

You may have to go to a seperate fundie type forum to get current/real time answers. Most of us here are ..........well....On a High way to hell (sing it Bon Scott!).
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
23-02-2012, 04:58 PM
(23-02-2012 04:53 PM)Denicio Wrote:  You may have to go to a seperate fundie type forum to get current/real time answers. Most of us here are ..........well....On a High way to hell (sing it Bon Scott!).

But this is exactly why I want a 3rd party opinion. If I ask another fundie, they will skirt the issue. I want a neutral opinion.

23-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Yes... what DLJ said.
Except that last bit.

I am admiring you in a gay way. Tongue

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
23-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Study Kierkehaard.
He took the christians to task on their morality.
He was a commited christian and the founder of existentialism

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
23-02-2012, 05:47 PM
... Well...

Let's not ignore the fact that many of the Arminians and pastors that Kings don't get on with have themselves studied scripture. I'd say it's partly because your beliefs are indeed wacky when viewed from any perspective except your own (the same probably applies to me, but I have more people to conform with Wink ). Yes indeed, their beliefs are *also* wacky but they have the advantage of being the majority view, which makes them sane and you crazy. Case closed Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post