Need a question answered from a neutral perspective.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: Need a question answered from a neutral perspective.
(24-02-2012 02:50 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Why is it always Lilith who speaks for the lord is my voice hypnotisingly alluring or something?

It’s the seductive way you type…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2012, 04:57 PM
(24-02-2012 10:50 PM)Karl Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 02:50 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Why is it always Lilith who speaks for the lord is my voice hypnotisingly alluring or something?

It’s the seductive way you type…

Indeed.

Plus, isn't Lilith God's wife? It would make sense that she would speak for her husband, defending his dunderheaded actions until she gets him back behind closed doors.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-02-2012, 12:36 AM
(25-02-2012 04:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Plus, isn't Lilith God's wife? It would make sense that she would speak for her husband, defending his dunderheaded actions until she gets him back behind closed doors.

Mmmm, no, she's Adam's evil first wife. Wikipedia: Lilith
26-02-2012, 12:56 AM
No she's not.... Lilitu was a pretty interesting succubus from Sumeria. After that she was mentioned in a wide range of religions. Lilith is the Jewish version of the name.

I like to suggest normally first stories are the ones with rights to the myth =p

Here's a site that used to be dedicated to me and my mystical ways.
http://www.lilithgallery.com/library/

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
26-02-2012, 03:03 AM
(26-02-2012 12:56 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I like to suggest normally first stories are the ones with rights to the myth =p

Psh, next you're going to tell me that Christmas isn't about Christ's birth and that the Eucharist is actually some kind of ritual Jesus ripped off from an ancient Mystery Cult. So ignorant, jeez.
[+] 1 user Likes rook2004's post
26-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Sounds like your being treated the same as a............(shock horror bombshell) ATHEIST!!!!

2000 year old traditions dont like new approaches (unless they are to be implemted by the people at the top to ensure continued survival of belief)

I think its pretty cool that you prescribe to your own beliefs KC......maybe its time you stood up to all the people in your church and asked them these questions (if thats possible) although im sure they will eye you with distrust unfortunatly Sad

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
26-02-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm an Atheist but I'll give an honest answer of these questions as best I can knowing what I know now about my Christian beliefs.

1. Because It's not very often my beliefs are challenged since I cut myself off from those outside my belief system since they are "sinful" and not as moral as I am. This lack of challenge means I am unprepared and lack knowledge of what an argument is or how to determine if an argument is valid or not.

2. Because you have placed yourself in the social "out" group and therefore may be just as sinful wretched and hateful as the majority of non believers I don't hang out with.

3. There's scripture contrary to what I beleive? But that's impossible because God's word is perfect. You must have just taken it out of context. Besides we all realize that the most important orders come from Jesus not the old testament.

4. Because God talks to me all the time and wouldn't do so if I wasn't right. Would I feel such a close connection if I was wrong about God all this time?

5. I don't refuse this at all. There's value to be found in other religions but I choose to focus on my own because which of us is ever a perfect Christian?

Needless to say I wasn't a very smart Theist despite being a Youth Pastor. The environment I was in encouraged faith above all else. It wasn't until I was in University that my brain turned on itself in examination.
[+] 2 users Like Godless's post
26-02-2012, 11:03 AM
(23-02-2012 03:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  1) Why is my theology so threatening?
2) Why does my theology incite such vitriol?
3) Why do you ignore scripture that is contrary to what you believe?
4) Why are you right, and I'm wrong?
5) Why do you refuse to educate yourself on other theological doctrines?

1) It's not!
2) Religion incites hate and indifference from one another. Get over it! It's the way it was designed. If it wasn't - you would not ask these questions.
3) Everything comes out cleaner once it's been through the spin-cycle several times.
4) Why are you there and I'm here?
5) I'm quite educated on theology and cultural anthropology. Remember, it's all about the 'Warm Fuzzy'! I only wish I can get back the time and the money I wasted on learning this crap.

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea