Need advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2015, 07:03 PM
RE: Need advice
(09-09-2015 04:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  So I came back from vacation today feeling relaxed and more confident (although not much). I decided I'd reach out to my previous supervisor first as many of you suggested. I kept walking by their office, and they didn't seem to be coming in today. Since this was more of a 'putting out feelers' I decided to send a quick e-mail before I lost my courage.

It was short and sweet, just asking if there was a spot available for me if I wanted to switch back to my old job. I also asked that my question be kept between us until we had a chance to discuss further.

I got a reply several hours later (sweating all the while Undecided ) that there absolutely would be a spot for me, and that we should talk on Monday because they are not in the office the rest of the week.

Part of me is relieved I can go back, the other part of me is even more terrified of now having to let my current supervisor and boss know that I want to make the change. Also I feel like even more of a failure to my current department. One thing at a time! Just have to keep moving forward.

Step back and let the bosses take care of it.

All the negativity seems to originate with you. Recognise this fact. You have worth. Your old boss wants you. Take heart in that. This is a good thing.

She'll be right mate, no worries! Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
09-09-2015, 07:18 PM
My dum ass ain't got none o them smart words, but I'm always in your corner, gal! Hug
Heart

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
10-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Little extra boost Tongue

[Image: 55f1ae2427fb5.jpeg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 6 users Like JDog554's post
11-09-2015, 07:19 AM
What a fine turn of events! The clouds are parting, the sun is shining, and Smerc's world is looking brighter. Yahoooooo!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
14-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Had a great meeting today. The transition should happen in about a month or so, and I've been asked specifically not to broach the subject with my direct supervisor yet, so now I don't have to worry about having that conversation.

I wanted to take a second to thank you all for your support. You all really helped me get a little extra courage to make this happen. So, you've all helped make my life a little happier. Thank you, love you! Heart Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 7 users Like Smercury44's post
14-09-2015, 04:52 PM
(14-09-2015 04:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Had a great meeting today. The transition should happen in about a month or so, and I've been asked specifically not to broach the subject with my direct supervisor yet, so now I don't have to worry about having that conversation.

I wanted to take a second to thank you all for your support. You all really helped me get a little extra courage to make this happen. So, you've all helped make my life a little happier. Thank you, love you! Heart Hug

Excellent! Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
14-09-2015, 05:12 PM
(14-09-2015 04:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Had a great meeting today. The transition should happen in about a month or so, and I've been asked specifically not to broach the subject with my direct supervisor yet, so now I don't have to worry about having that conversation.

See Smile everything is working out alright! and anytime, always glad to lend support.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-09-2015, 07:44 PM
(09-09-2015 04:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  So I came back from vacation today feeling relaxed and more confident (although not much). I decided I'd reach out to my previous supervisor first as many of you suggested. I kept walking by their office, and they didn't seem to be coming in today. Since this was more of a 'putting out feelers' I decided to send a quick e-mail before I lost my courage.

It was short and sweet, just asking if there was a spot available for me if I wanted to switch back to my old job. I also asked that my question be kept between us until we had a chance to discuss further.

I got a reply several hours later (sweating all the while Undecided ) that there absolutely would be a spot for me, and that we should talk on Monday because they are not in the office the rest of the week.

Part of me is relieved I can go back, the other part of me is even more terrified of now having to let my current supervisor and boss know that I want to make the change. Also I feel like even more of a failure to my current department. One thing at a time! Just have to keep moving forward.

You're not a failure for recognizing a misfit, you're a smart person for seeing it and taking action.

It really is all about perspective. Put yourself in a place where success is for the taking.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-09-2015, 08:03 AM

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post