Need an RPG player

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Need an RPG player
Starting up a new campaign called Duck & Cover --

It's a realistic nuclear post-apocalyptic setting, you are driving in your car in central Illinois, on your way to somewhere, when a nuclear explosion happens in Chicago. You see the flash, your engine dies and you lose power steering and start to go off the road as the ground shock hits... ...You emerge from your vehicle in the middle of Illinois farm country with no one for company but another stranded motorist, and nothing in sight but a farmhouse on the horizon. What do you do? Where do you go? How do you survive as civilization starts to crumble as the missiles fly? You decide.

It's a 3-person game with me as GM, we have one player and just need a second one before we can kick off. If things go well we might be able to expand the game to additional players later, but we want to keep things small at first for better scheduling. Speaking of, we're in Pacific and Eastern US time and games will probably be on Friday/Saturday/Sunday sometime around 4:00PM-10:00PM PST or 7:00PM-1:00AM EST.

The system used is MTGS, a percentile dice system invented by my friend. Non-combat gameplay is fairly open, depending on the GM's style, but combat is somewhat rules heavy to enforce realism. However, the GM handles all the math so it's not too heavy on the player's end (though the rules are open, so you can double check or challenge any decision or roll you disagree with). I've been playing with this system for quite some time and I've had a lot of success with it.

If you're interested let me know, I think we've got a good campaign set up. Smile

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2012, 08:44 PM
RE: Need an RPG player
I've wanted to be part of a D&D like game, so I'm keeping this thread in my periphery to see where it goes...

If someone is looking to start a rudimentary D&D like game, I might be interested.
24-10-2012, 05:06 AM
I would be up for it but only two players sounds very small and kinda boring, really. Dunno... I always think that at least 3 players make the best games for the realistic kinda grouping up and so on...

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Hm, I'll talk over the idea of more players with the other guy.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
28-10-2012, 05:44 PM
He's ok with three. What do you say, Leela?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
03-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Fine with me. We just need a third player Smile

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user