Need an accountability buddy...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2013, 10:04 AM
RE: Need an accountability buddy...
(13-09-2013 07:53 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I think I scared Stark off with my utter lack of food variety to work with.

Don't give up on me, Stark!!! lol

I wouldn't give up on ya hon. I just have the memory of a pothead, so I need the occasional reminder.

Going to look at your foods now....

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 10:19 AM
First things first....you like raw veggies. That's an excellent start. Buy what you like, and prep it all at once so grabbing a snack is easy.

I suspect that you aren't as picky as you think. You are just sensitive to texture and strong flavor. That can actually be an advantage.

Here's some hints:

-cook your meats with small amounts of veggies for garnish. Cut the veggies small so the texture just falls in with the meat. For example, marinate your chicken breast for a half hour in a small Baggie. Add some Italian salad dressing (or any other oil based dressing that you like) along with some finely diced onions and peppers. Then when you cook the chicken, discard the marinade, but strain it first. You'll end up with a wee little pile of marinated pepper and onion. When the chicken is half cooked (doesn't,t matter how you cook it) put the little pile of garnish on top and let it cook. The key is simply to TRY. Some you might like, some others you may not, but finding just three "new" recipes to add to your repertoire will make a ton of difference.

It,s hard to break habits. Start slow. First priority is to get your soda intake down to the bare minimum. That shit is the absolute worst thing you could ever put into your body.
You are hereby restricted to ONE soda per day. Cool?

More later...

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
16-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Stark's right on the soda thing. I had gotten to where I was drinking at least one a day (not awful but not good) so I cut back and now have maybe 2 a week. In the last three weeks I have lost three pounds and didn't do any other alterations to diet.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-09-2013, 11:08 AM
(16-09-2013 10:19 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  First things first....you like raw veggies. That's an excellent start. Buy what you like, and prep it all at once so grabbing a snack is easy.

I suspect that you aren't as picky as you think. You are just sensitive to texture and strong flavor. That can actually be an advantage.

Here's some hints:

-cook your meats with small amounts of veggies for garnish. Cut the veggies small so the texture just falls in with the meat. For example, marinate your chicken breast for a half hour in a small Baggie. Add some Italian salad dressing (or any other oil based dressing that you like) along with some finely diced onions and peppers. Then when you cook the chicken, discard the marinade, but strain it first. You'll end up with a wee little pile of marinated pepper and onion. When the chicken is half cooked (doesn't,t matter how you cook it) put the little pile of garnish on top and let it cook. The key is simply to TRY. Some you might like, some others you may not, but finding just three "new" recipes to add to your repertoire will make a ton of difference.

It,s hard to break habits. Start slow. First priority is to get your soda intake down to the bare minimum. That shit is the absolute worst thing you could ever put into your body.
You are hereby restricted to ONE soda per day. Cool?

More later...

Well, we just bought groceries over the weekend, so it'll be end of the week before we get any more, but I'll definitely give your suggestion a try when I have the proper ingredients on hand. I honestly don't mind onions (the few times I've accidentally tried them) and peppers (if you're talking about bell peppers, which I think you are) have always at least looked good to me.

And I will for sure try and find some new recipes online that interest me.

One soda a day? Unsure Looks over at can of Dr. Pepper on her desk and fights the tears. Sadcryface

Okay! Weeping Okay it's a deal. One soda a day. And just a 12 oz. can at that. Guess I could always mark an 'X' on my hand with permanent marker or something once I've hit my daily limit. Just so I won't "forget" that I've been cut off for the day.

And just out of curiosity, how is a sensitivity to texture and strong flavor an advantage? Consider

Thanks for all your help and I'll check back for more later.

16-09-2013, 12:15 PM
A sensitivity to strong flavor and textures means a sensitive palette. Once you train your palette, those favors and textures will become something that you appreciate and enjoy. Plus, foods that are "over-flavored" tend to also be unhealthy. (just have a sip of that Dr. Pepper beside you. There ain,t nothing that sweet that doesn't have a whole lotta alteration to the actual food in it.) when you eat something strong, your taste buds are telling you that it's bad. They are just a little confused. With time, that will change.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
16-09-2013, 01:30 PM
(16-09-2013 12:15 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  A sensitivity to strong flavor and textures means a sensitive palette. Once you train your palette, those favors and textures will become something that you appreciate and enjoy. Plus, foods that are "over-flavored" tend to also be unhealthy. (just have a sip of that Dr. Pepper beside you. There ain,t nothing that sweet that doesn't have a whole lotta alteration to the actual food in it.) when you eat something strong, your taste buds are telling you that it's bad. They are just a little confused. With time, that will change.

Ah. Gotcha. Yes I'll train this palette yet!!! Big Grin

16-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Here you go EA...
[Image: running_zps4c46e424.jpg]

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
17-09-2013, 07:14 AM
(16-09-2013 06:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Here you go EA...
[Image: running_zps4c46e424.jpg]

Can't see it. Sadcryface2

On a better note, I did do my walking last night as promised. It's a half-mile track and I did three laps, plus the walk to and from my house. The kiddos chugged down half my water, lol.

Also, I had myself a fairly decent lunch yesterday (had to run an errand on my lunch break, so I just kind of snacked around but it was on raisins, almonds, and yogurt) and I had a bowl of plain Cheerios and a glass of milk for supper last night. And as promised, the only soda I had yesterday was the one.

Yay me... Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
17-09-2013, 07:29 AM
You go girl!
(ok,that sounded awfully feminine in my mind)

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
17-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Oh, and we are planning to go to the park again tonight, too. I want to try and do four laps if I can. I felt good doing three, but felt like I probably had another one in me, too.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post