Need an accountability buddy...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2013, 06:55 AM
RE: Need an accountability buddy...
Okay, so confession time. Haven't worked out in a while. Not since that walk at the park I did. There are various reasons for that, but they all boil down to excuses, anyway. So I'm gonna try to do something tonight. The place where we cross to get into the park is likely filled with water since it's been raining quite a bit around here, so I may have to take the long way around or just walk in and around my actual neighborhood instead of at the park, but I'll figure out something.

On the food front, I'm sticking to my one-soda-a-day thing (and in fact, I didn't have a soda on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, or yesterday - Monday - at all!!) and we got some healthy stuff to eat. Last night we had pizza with raw carrots and broccoli as a sort of side. And for my lunches at work, I've been taking good (healthy) stuff to eat. So I'm glad I'm sticking to that part, at least.

Anyway, just wanted to update y'all!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Ask one of your friends to go jogging with you a few times a week. Its easier when you have friends who support you

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Y'all keep saying "friends" as if I have any in real life. I don't. And that's not a joke.

My options for people to go jogging/walking with me include my children and my husband. I am a loner to the nth degree.

24-09-2013, 08:58 AM
^
welcome to the club. I go jogging every day,alone.

24-09-2013, 09:08 AM
See, the thing is... I don't really mind being alone. Lots of times I feel like I am trying to get away from people. I'm constantly fighting for my much-needed alone time. So for me, putting in my headphones and walking around the track is nice. I just have to get my ass up and do it! lol

I don't know. The friends issue is an odd one for me. There is a part of me that wishes I had a few friends (or at least one close one) in real life, but then if I really look at my life, I see that most of the time I actually want to be alone.

Can't figure out if it's social pressure that's telling me "You need friends!" or if it's an actual desire on my part. Still, I know how I am and how much I crave my alone time so I feel like I'd be a jerk to make a friend that I wouldn't want to spend all that much time with.

Wow. If I ever wanted to make myself look like a misanthropic jerk, this is the way to go. No

24-09-2013, 09:09 AM
(24-09-2013 09:08 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  See, the thing is... I don't really mind being alone. Lots of times I feel like I am trying to get away from people. I'm constantly fighting for my much-needed alone time. So for me, putting in my headphones and walking around the track is nice. I just have to get my ass up and do it! lol

I don't know. The friends issue is an odd one for me. There is a part of me that wishes I had a few friends (or at least one close one) in real life, but then if I really look at my life, I see that most of the time I actually want to be alone.

Can't figure out if it's social pressure that's telling me "You need friends!" or if it's an actual desire on my part. Still, I know how I am and how much I crave my alone time so I feel like I'd be a jerk to make a friend that I wouldn't want to spend all that much time with.

Wow. If I ever wanted to make myself look like a misanthropic jerk, this is the way to go. No

We seem to have a few misanthropic jerks here - maybe y'all should get together. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-09-2013, 09:15 AM
(24-09-2013 09:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 09:08 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  See, the thing is... I don't really mind being alone. Lots of times I feel like I am trying to get away from people. I'm constantly fighting for my much-needed alone time. So for me, putting in my headphones and walking around the track is nice. I just have to get my ass up and do it! lol

We seem to have a few misanthropic jerks here - maybe y'all should get together. Consider

Don't you mean "we"? Tongue

Heh. I actually have a shirt that says "I hate people" - my husband hates it, lol...

24-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Ah, here it is...

[Image: 40213855339.jpg]

Tongue

24-09-2013, 09:23 AM
You're not a misanthropic jerk Hug
,You need to make a system for yourself. Like every day you run the intended distance, you get 2 points, if you run more than intended 4 points, less than intended 1 point and not runing at all is -4. Then lets say you reach 40 points you do something you really like

[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
25-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Did an abs tape last night (okay, it was a DVD, but I still call those tapes on occasion, lol) and it kicked my butt. But at least I did something!

We'll see what tonight holds...